LegacyGT.com

07 WRB Forester XT 5MT or 05 Outback XT 5MT

5hift

I don't have pics of the forester, but i already drove it once and liked it. its not that I don't like my outback but the forester is very agile in lane changes. the outback though is more comfortable, creature comforts wise.

My wife drives a Forester XT sport although its a/t. I like how it drives but I prefer a 5MT. I guess Im leaning to get the Forester then.

More inputs are welcome.

Diven both back to back. Forester interior is cheap in comparison, interior space is utilitarian (great if that is all you need) and generic. OBXT interior is more egronomic and attractive in addition to being much nicer materials. The wheelbase of the Forester would be slightly better offroad but in general both the wife and I thought the Fozzy XT felt cheap side by side vs an OBXT of similar year/mileage and trim.

So... we bought an OBXT. Much much nicer car at what ends up being a similar pricepoint IMHO. If you can find one that is single body color, they look even better than LGT when lowered (and LGT are betting looking than Foz :lol:). The two panel moonroof is amazing too. The neighbor came to see the OBXT and said "Its even nicer than the other one" talking about my LGT unlimited. Cock.

Diven both back to back. Forester interior is cheap in comparison, interior space is utilitarian (great if that is all you need) and generic. OBXT interior is more egronomic and attractive in addition to being much nicer materials. The wheelbase of the Forester would be slightly better offroad but in general both the wife and I thought the Fozzy XT felt cheap side by side vs an OBXT of similar year/mileage and trim.

So... we bought an OBXT. Much much nicer car at what ends up being a similar pricepoint IMHO. If you can find one that is single body color, they look even better than LGT when lowered (and LGT are betting looking than Foz :lol:). The two panel moonroof is amazing too. The neighbor came to see the OBXT and said "Its even nicer than the other one" talking about my LGT unlimited. Cock.

Thanks for the input. You are right, the Foz is very utilitarian while the OBXT is more comfortable and quieter while cruising on the highway. Even w/ the balck/grey cloth interior, my OBXT feels more elegant inside.

Lets see where this goes. The kid in me tells me to get the Forester, while the old man tells me to keep the OBXT and just mod it up and have it repainted single tone to WRB. Now Im split again. hehehe...

Just be aware that a full repaint is an enormous undertaking, the entire car has to be pulled apart. The engine bay is body color, the door sills, its a big job. I talked to my body guy about wrb for my legacy, he's usually pretty cheap and said $3-4k min

I agree, just hate to see the outback go. Hopefully I can get one as fresh as mine in the future.

This is all you need to see.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qAWdqm6D528/TnznjgRkUXI/AAAAAAAAABU/12L8JnnsuS4/s1600/subaru-forester-2011-sti-7.jpg

Its set in stone, got the WRB last night. Was sad to see the OBXT go, had to trade it in and only got 15K for it @ 73,5xx miles.

Im planning on making the FXT a project car. Probably later on I'll be getting another OBXT limited w/ 5eat for a daily driver, and so that the wifey can drive it too.

Thanks for the inputs.

Thanks.

It did happen alright, coz my wife and I are still discussing why I sold the OBXT. HEHEHE...

I'll try to find time to take the pics of the two WRB Forester XTs and my GC coupe. A family pic of sorts. hehehe...

Archived