LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ That and......

I hear you I have two kids and want to get an armada once the specb is sold...does the Triibeca have any balls? Not familiar with specs

:)

It's OK. The 3.6 means that it gets to 60 in a reasonable 6.8 seconds or so, which means that it's right smack there in the meat of the class average. But honestly, driving this car doesn't make me want to go all Speed Racer. :lol: Up high, it doesn't seem to have that much pull, though, so if you're going to be doing highways a lot, you might want to look at something that has better lungs. That said, it's definitely not huffing for nothing, either. It's not a stellar performer, but by no means a slug. Average. Kinda like the BL/BP 2.5GT without any power adders, back in the day: it's average.

Handling is surprisingly nice. It really drives much smaller than its size.

And like all Subarus, with the proper winter tires, it just feels like a TANK when it's bad out. During the last storm, we had to go out, and I swear, I don't think I drove with two hands on the wheel more than maybe twice. :lol: Here in NE-Ohio, this alone makes the Tribeca worth its price.

Space-wise, the front and second rows are very roomy, but third-row is ill-suited to adults. Cargo space with the third-row deployed means that you'll want to go to the roof for actual trips.

The interior and equipment list is dated, though. It reminds me much more of our BL/BP-LGTs than of the level of integration that's seen even in the interior-revamped 2nd-edition SH-Foresters. This alone means that the Toyota 4-Runner/Highlander and, of-course, the new Pathfinder will have much more appeal to folks who value interior decor and equipment levels - combine that with the rather clunky nav system in this iteration of the Tribeca, and it's a no-brainer why I didn't opt for that equipment level.

If you're looking at something as large as the Armada, I don't think that the Tribeca will have enough space for you.

The doors on the Tribeca are heavy. It's a chore for my 7 year-old to reach out and grab her own and swing it in off even the first detent. If your kids like to rip the door all the way out to get in, it's going to be virtually impossible for them to first simply reach the door to get it shut, from the inside: definitely a plus of today's minivans, with their sliding doors. Sure, the ingress/egress is awesome for adults since the doors open so wide, but it's less-than-ideal for kids.

Rear vents only provide cool/cold air and are not heated. Not a problem for us, since we're a family of polar bears, but if your kiddos/wifey runs cold, it's sub-optimal at-best.

Edited by TSi+WRX

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ The Rav4 is Forester sized, right?

If so, the Tribeca is noticeably larger both inside and out. Not outrageously so, but still definitely very quickly noticeable.

I'm really hoping that Subaru will step up to the plate and bring something more feature-rich and up-to-date with a replacement.

I've literally gotten over a half-dozen market-research surveys for the '13 Tribeca - something that I've *NEVER* seen before, with any purchases/leases. I'm wondering if Subaru may really be trying to put something together so that they are more competitive with the 7-seater market.

It would seem to make sense, given that the LGT and Legacy 3.6R/FXT/Outback 3.6R are good "growing family" extensions of the WRX/STI - and that there would be room, no pun intended :), for a 7-seater, too.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 1 month later...

Wow, it's been a while, guys...

I sold my '05 LGT and got an '09 WRX:

DSCF6039.JPG

But it hasn't been without its drama. Long story less long, #4 rod bearing failure at 65k miles. Subaru picked up all but $1000 of the cost, but I'm still pretty butt-hurt about it. Compound that with a dealer that couldn't find its ass with both hands, and it's been a lousy experience.

IMG_20130207_163325.jpg

IMG_20130207_163501.jpg

IMG_20130207_163336.jpg

IMG_20130207_163448.jpg

All seems to be finally sorted, and I've gone full-yabbo. I have a Cobb AP and intake/box sitting on the table, and a misc. sourced turbo back in the garage.

It's time to quit dicking around.

:)

Edited by music.to.kill.yourself.by

Damn I sign in one day to find out I am the only one with a leggy. I thought about getting rid of it once the engine is back together but after this long and money spent it's pointless. TSi I would get those parts from you but money is an issue. Work is slowing down and the car payments are speeding up. I don't even see the 4th gens on the road anymore around here. People still meet up, F4's pretty much slowly faded to black.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...