LegacyGT.com

TRS New Brackets

I haven't done mine yet either. Took the headlights apart 3 times already with the older brackets so I'm not in a rush to take the car apart again. But I have to because I've been driving with messed up headlights for almost 3 months now. Actually I've been avoiding driving at night so its been a real pain in the ass. Thanks TRS.

Got mine replaced. One is my headlight still doesn't go up high enough. Pretty pissed off since I paid a shop to get it done.

Can you give a more detailed description of why you're not getting full vertical adjustment? Pics if possible.

It's total BS that the other thread was closed. It had tons of good info and documented the history of this never ending retro-"quick".

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Got mine replaced. One is my headlight still doesn't go up high enough. Pretty pissed off since I paid a shop to get it done.

Wow that's why I was holding off, to see what other people were doing, I bought a HID fog light kit from them and ran into issues with that set up and never tried again.

Sucks doesn't it!!!!

Recently installed my new brackets. Definitely gives me enough room for full adjustability. Had to open the lights up so many times that I had to buy new sealant. In case anyone else needs to, use 3m window weld, the ribbon sealer and not the liquid silicone. It is rubber butyl and comes in a long roll. Bought mine at my local pep boys. Similar stuff to what TRS sells on their website without having to wait to get it shipped. Only problem I still have is that my driver side projecter won't go into high beam mode but I suspect thats from stretching the spring too much.

• 4 weeks later...

I installed mine the weekend I got them. They go in a different place, but I can't remember specifically where. In between the shield and bowl, I believe, though you may want to get MiniStiGuy to chime in on it. Mini did say to use the longer bolts/screws that came with the kit, but I found them to be the wrong pitch and thus used the shorter screws. There was just enough thread to to hold it tight.

Mine are all aimed per his DOT aiming thread. The lights are OK, but I'm disappointed in the width. I can't see to the right when making turns in the dark. Also, there is a point immediately in front of the car where there is no light and then the beam starts and extends out. This cutoff is visible from the driver's seat. It isn't a huge deal, but is slightly annoying. I looked at some pictures on the TRS Facebook site, and they show that same cutoff at the front of other cars.

You can adjust the headlights left/right if you break the plastic cap off of the adjustment screw.

I installed my brackets between the projector lens housing and the reflector bowl with no spacers.

Spec - I also have that area in front of the car with no light output from the headlights. I just learned to keep my fogs on all the time and it covers a majority of that void up. Tho, my light output is plenty wide so you may wanna look into that. May just need to re-seat the bulb or something simple like that.

Just completed the install yesterday. Didn't use any spacers (kit didn't even come with spacers). Install order was: projector lense housing --> shield --> new bracket --> bowl.

Haven't driven at night yet, so I can't comment on the width of the beam or the empty space in front that may need to be filled in by the fogs. Had to adjust vertical height of driver's side (was a little low, post-install), don't think horizontal adjustment is needed.. hopefully.

Edit: I posted in another thread, but didn't have any takers.. My driver's side amber hyperblinks and doesn't turn on with parking lights. Passenger side is completely fine (blinks normally, turns on with parking lights), and fuses are fine (swapped them out, just in case). I baked my headlights with the ambers still in - did I potentially short something? or does that bulb just need replacing? Anyone have an idea?

I did adjust the width based on Mini's DOT writeup, but maybe I need to go a little wider. If I ever get a free minute (generally prevented by having a 15 month old), I'll look into re-seating the bulbs. For now, I'm done messing with my car. I've even had a full set of Brembos sitting in the garage for 2 months waiting to be installed.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the headlights apart this past weekend to install the new brackets. Without touching any of the adjustments I could tell the projectors were sitting further back and higher than with the older brackets. I put them on the car and adjusted them as per Mini's DOT writeup. I don't know what to say but I'm not a happy customer having to take the headlights apart 4 times and not being able to use the car at night for several months.

For whatever reason I can't get the high beams to work. I have no idea what I did wrong. I double and triple checked everything and still no go. I know these lights inside out from taking apart so many times and looking at pictures and diagrams on the forum.

I gave up so I'm using the OEM high beams for now.

I took the headlights apart this past weekend to install the new brackets. Without touching any of the adjustments I could tell the projectors were sitting further back and higher than with the older brackets. I put them on the car and adjusted them as per Mini's DOT writeup. I don't know what to say but I'm not a happy customer having to take the headlights apart 4 times and not being able to use the car at night for several months.

For whatever reason I can't get the high beams to work. I have no idea what I did wrong. I double and triple checked everything and still no go. I know these lights inside out from taking apart so many times and looking at pictures and diagrams on the forum.

My high beams on the passenger side weren't working either. After troubleshooting and re-checking all my wires, I found that the positive solenoid lead from the projector had snapped off (but it still looked like it was still attached in the connector). After some soldering and crimping, everything was fixed and both highs work perfectly with my OEM highs.

If you want, since you're in the Tristate area, I can try to help you out with the wiring (no guarantees that I'll be able to fix anything though).

Only took apart my lights once and used an additional thin strand of butyl rubber sealant tucked into the "channel" to put everything back together. So far, no condensation or flooding.. *knock on wood*. Will have to take them apart again for angel eyes and blacking out since I needed my car in the morning and just didn't have time do it then.

Try turning on the fogs. They are the same exact connector as the highs. Ask me how I know. :eek:

Archived