LegacyGT.com

running issue need some feedback!

Okay I have a 06 legacy gt limited. Nd it stalls out when sitting at idle, if I drive it short distances it doesn't seem to have the problem. Only seems to do it when left idleing for a bit. I disconnect the battery nd left it relearn the idle nd didn't have a problem with it for like a week. But I also wasn't driving it to far when I did drive it about 10-15 mins then the one day I ran to the store left it on when I went in. Then when I got back out to my car it was off. I tried to start it nd it would turn over but wouldn't start, then the check engine like came on. I attempted to get it to turn over for a bit nd it wouldn't, left it sit for like 10 mins then it started with a couple turns. check engine light still on. What do u guys think?

Gonna need to provide some more information.

How many miles on this car?

How has it been maintained?

How long have you owned this car?

Could be a dirty cam sensor or it could be something else. EGT sensor could have also bit it, or it could be something else... You haven't given us much to go on.

You know why I gave you crap? Because you didn't mention you actually changed out your crankshaft position sensor. All you said was that you cleared the code and it drives better now, so it seemed to me that all you were doing was clearing codes and driving it without fixing the root problem.

Do you have an aftermarket UP installed?

Have the black o-rings between the intake manifold and TGV's been replaced with the larger orange one's ? if not start there.

Idle issues, will cause all kinds of different CEL's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

EGT would imply you have not swapped the up pipe. I killed my second EGT sensor after gutting the stock up. Looked fine but threw me into a CEL at one point and eliminated it from the Map AND placed the resistor mod for good measure.

Do you have the resistor mod in place?

06 had orange seals between the TGV and intake manifold. But the PN was updated to the taller units for MY 05 to 09. I'm likely going to reuse my replacements as they are still in good order.

^-- Bingo. If you have an aftermarket UP and it's catless, that's where you should begin your search. If the EGT sensor is broken, just remove it. I don't even have mine installed anymore and nor do the vast majority of us. The code is disabled in my map. As kzr750r1 said, either disable the code in the map (which you're probably not able to do.... I doubt you have a Tactrix cable) or else do the resistor mod.

And maybe you did have a resistor in there already and it fell out...

2.2K ohms and your sure it's making good contact?

For good insurance it stays I clipped the EGT wires and soldered the resistor to the wire. Wrapped in electrical tape it never failed and still have it even though my map is not looking for it any longer.

Archived