LegacyGT.com

06 WRX TR brake fitment?

I just purchased a 06 spec B and i absolutely love the car. What im not impressed with is the braking. I was just going to put better pads, rotors, and SS brake lines, but, i found an amazing deal on the front BBK from the TR WRX. Would these calipers clear my stock fitment/offset? would they mount up at all?

I already tried this site's amazing search feature and came up with zilch.

Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't the clamping force of 4pot brakes be better than the size?

Theres rotor size, caliper leverage, piston diameter....

more isnt always better

if you want better pedal feel, looks into the master cylinder brace or sti master cylinder

*going with the wrx brakes will definitely make the pedal feel a lot better, but your stopping distance will be longer- read it somewhere here

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Wouldn't the clamping force of 4pot brakes be better than the size?

Clamping force yes, but what really determines stopping distance is the heat capacity of the pads/rotors. Bigger area is huge win for stopping distance.

4 pots/6 pots/8 pots basically are to make the clamping force more even, so you technically get the most out of the brake pads. An example is my old twin turbo legacy that I tracked in Japan, with the standard calipers the brake pads would be worn at a angle. When I switched up to 4 pots from a GC8 STI, they would wear more evenly.

The prime factor at the track, however, was brake fade. It was horrible with the standard calipers, because they'd bend outwards and not grip after they were heated up tremendously. Something about that back straight where you'd hit 150 then go down a hill that ended in a right hander which required getting from 150 to 50 right quick...

So on the track, those cast iron 4 pots were quite welcome when paired with some DBA rotors. The total swept are of the pads really didn't change (on that old legacy) and the overall braking distances were not that different - when it wasn't too hot. However, the fade went away on the track.

Thus technically, and despite the fact I'm selling some rather large 4-pot caliper/rotor setups, on the street you won't see a huge difference. If you did, it means you are pushing it a bit far on the street, but that's not something I concern myself with... ;)

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

Unless you get a good deal on some brembos stock rears are plenty enough with a good set of pads and rotors. upkeep on the rears is expensive unless you get the godspeed special bracket or the DBA rotors grooved for our ebrake housing.

Archived