LegacyGT.com

Total newb question I know.

On the GM L67 (supercharged 3800) this is something we did all the time through the vacuum. Didn't bother the coating on the supercharger rotors or cause any other issues.

Before I do this to the Legacy I'd like to know the conciseness.

My car's not a sleeper it's a hibernator.

http://pure-tuning.com

• 2 months later...

It helps to clean the intake track of the engine. I just dumped it in the gas tank.

In most cases as long as you use good gas, name brands, you should not need it.

If you think you have a clogged injector or some other problem, it's worth the $10.00 for a can.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I too just dump it in the gas tank every now and again even though I always get Chevron premium. I figure it'll only help and it's only $10. A buddy of mines VW Golf sat for a year, they got it running but it ran like $h!t. He dumped a can of seafoam in and voila, ran just fine.

• 2 months later...

The company states it's made from 100% petroleum products:

Pale Oil, naphtha, and isopropyl alcohol; which are claimed to be effective solvents for the complex hydrocarbon deposits.

Whether the combination actually removes significant deposits that are actually affecting performance is yet to be proven, though the anecdotal evidence of reviving some old vehicles is partially compelling.

In any case, it's fun to freak out the neighbors...is your car on fiyuh?!?!

• 1 month later...
I dump some in the tank a few times a year. Minds that are much wiser than mine with respect to the automotive world swear by it and I figure it can't hurt. Even if it only does a little bit of help to the fuel system for $10 it's hard to go wrong.

• 2 months later...
Dumped some in my crankcase, brake booster, and gas tank on my old Mitsu 3000gt. Made it run better and fixed my lifter tick. Just a word of advice, if you put it in your crankcase, change your oil shortly after. It thins out the oil and can cause a spun bearing.

Just a word of advice, if you put it in your crankcase, change your oil shortly after. It thins out the oil and can cause a spun bearing.

Yeah...or maybe don't put it into the crankcase. Just sayin' as I had a catastrophic (main bearing/threw rod) once after using "Motor Flush" in a V8.

I change the oil immediately after the smoke-show of SeaFoaming the top end.

Yeah...or maybe don't put it into the crankcase. Just sayin' as I had a catastrophic (main bearing/threw rod) once after using "Motor Flush" in a V8.

I change the oil immediately after the smoke-show of SeaFoaming the top end.

Oh. I didnt have problems like that. But I did the seafoam right before I was ready to change my oil.

• 7 months later...
What happens to the catalytic converter when it gets hit with all the gunk that Seafoam cleaned out? Maybe it won't poison the converter, but maybe it will. Smoke is particles that are too large for light to go through and thick smoke means you are more likely to clog a converter than clean it.

What happens to the catalytic converter when it gets hit with all the gunk that Seafoam cleaned out? Maybe it won't poison the converter, but maybe it will. Smoke is particles that are too large for light to go through and thick smoke means you are more likely to clog a converter than clean it.

Haha yeah. Mine was straight piped when I did it, so I dont know.

Think about the rotating blades in the turbo, before the pieces get to the cat.

Don't worry the pieces are not that big.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 6 years later...

Do a couple of youtube searches, seafoam is snake oil(there is a good youtube video where the guy shows the inside of his cylinders prior to using it and after, judging by the video Seafoam it did little if anything at all(smoke is just from the water superheating during the combustion, the truth is Chevron Techron, if your trying to clean injectors and fuel system. I had a endoscope which I lost and would show the results, my car has 170k on it, instantly felt a difference in response.

But just as I did don't take everything at face on what someone tells you, check multiple sources and make your own inferences.

5 year old topic but ok. I've used it in my car since I've had it (since 2011) and used it as I stated on the first post in my old car. No issues what so ever. Cat is perfectly fine. I've also experimented with it in my lawn mower. I pulled my cylinder head on the mower prior to seafoaming it. Ran it in the gas for a season then pulled the head again and it was noticeably cleaner.

My car's not a sleeper it's a hibernator.

http://pure-tuning.com