LegacyGT.com

Advice Please

JBLU24

so i went to the car wash today (hand-wash, of course) and the guy misunderstood me and instead of putting leather conditioner they waxed my car

i dont mind but back in nov. i had done the whole wolfgang sealant process and i was thinking of adding another coat or 2 of the wolfgang any day now....

should i just wash the car and apply it next week or do i have to strip it down and do the wolfgang afterwards?????

The thing about sealants is that they need a clean surface free of oils and waxes in order to bond properly. If you put on the sealant now then it wouldn't last. There likely wasn't any left on the car after 6 months anyway, so right now you are only rolling with the protection of a wax. I'm sure it looks great, but if you want the Wolfgang shine and protection then you are going to have to clean off the wax and reapply.

The fastest way to get wax off your car is to use Dawn dish detergent. That will strip the wax off. After 6 months of driving around in the snow and slush I'd wager your car needs to be clayed and polished anyway. If I were in your shoes I'd just strip the wax off, clay and polish, and then reapply the sealant.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

How often do you clay the car? I always have a good coat of wax on before winter and reapply it during a decent day during the winter. I have used polishing compounds on other cars but never clay...

Archived