LegacyGT.com

My New Legacy

Hello guys!

I just bought my Legacy the other day. Its a 1996 Subaru Legacy L. When I bought it I thought it would be turbo, but my friend said there is no turbo on it.

I thought all Subarus were turbo cars. The guy I bought it from just told me it had a bad turbo and I could buy a new one on Ebay for a few hundred dollars. I thought he was telling the truth because the car is really slow and has the check engine light on. A bad turbo would cause that right?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a 1996 Legacy L would come with a ej22 which is a 2.2L naturally aspirated engine it is not turbo from the factory but you can boost it at a low psi <8. Your check engine light is unfortunately probably caused by something else on the car. You need to get the code examined by a parts store ie autozone and list the codes for us. you will want to make sure your engine is in good shape before you put on any type of turbo on or else it wont last for long. I doubt it is turbo but at least you can safely use cheaper gas

An internal combustion engine which draws in air for combustion without aid of turbo or supercharger. Most cars on the road are naturally aspirated as they breathe on their own and do not have a supercharger or turbo forcing additional air

Whoa, wait a second. You mean my 97 obw is not turbo'd??!! WTF??!! No wonder that Hyundai Excel keeps whipping my @ss!

get better stance, those hyundais get scared and dont want to go up against you.

New guy who couldn't figure out noise and got mad because people asked for a video. Maybe two pages of posts before you joked it was his tire. I thought it was funny at the time anyway.

• I Donated
How can I get vtec? I know a lot of Honda guys put vtec in their cars.

Please tell me this is a troll..no way this is serious:rolleyes:

Read the dudes first post....I don't know if its a troll or not.

I have lost all faith in the human race.

http://the-tech-guy.net/wp-content/uploads/i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
This thread has got to be a joke. Another "Man Bear Pig" creation from Brok no doubt. :lol:

I'm way to busy for those kinds of games. You know this.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Is somebody going to actually help the n00b. I can't even get started or else I'll get the thread locked like the last one I started in.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived