LegacyGT.com

Another long trip summary

Drove the LGT from Seattle area over to E. WA and back this weekend, 450 miles total. Got 26.5 mpg over, 28 back (best mpg ever) averaged 73 - 75 mph both ways, but had a lot more wind/rain going over, hence the mpg difference. Pretty good mpg considering having to drive over a mtn range with all the long inclines. I'm really loving how quiet and stable the LGT is on the freeway, even with the horrid weather. Guess AWD really is all it's cracked up to be! One observation: My wipers absolutely SUCK!!! I mean BAD!!! Smear like crazy, hardly wipe at all anymore. I notice on the factory wiper, the drivers side has some sort of flat plastic peice on it that I don't think aftermarket wipers would have. I'm wondering if that plastic peice is for wind noise reduction? Helps to clamp the driver's wiper blade down on the windshield? If that peice isn't necessary, I'll just put aftermarket wipers on. Otherwise, a nice uneventful drive. Lovin' the LGT more and more!

deneb,

You'll find many here to recommend the PIAA wiper blade refills. There's also been recent interest in the RainX brand refills.

:)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The GT loves long distances and will give you better fuel economy the more you drive. The more the engine is bedded in and the more you look after the GT, the better it will run.

Check the blades as they may be faulty. Persoanlly I use clean screen in the wiper spray bottle to clear muck off the screen while driving and when raining I just use RainX which works fantastic but u do have to reapply every few weeks to get maximum benefit.

Best of luck with it all.

Ada///M.

we're going on our first road trip this weekend...about 300 miles round trip down towards yosemite to do some camping and to pick up our son at camp. looking forward to seeing something better than the 17.5 mpg we've been getting around town with the a/c on all the time...

as for the wipers, we haven't used them yet and won't get to use them for another 4 months or so....i hope they work....one of those bummers about living in california!!

Archived