LegacyGT.com

In the market for older LGTS

Samsk530

Hey guys, am new to this forum

Have been surfin CL and auto trader for legacy gts for a couple months now and I forsure want a LGT for my first subaru. It seems like LGTS are sort of hard to find in manual as ive only really seen autos for sale =/ I really dont know much about any of the LGT problems or which years are the most reliable etc. If you have any useful info for me, ill gladly soak it all in! O and im coming from driving an 02 honda civic lx 4dr automatic...and will be trying to sell that car to help fund my lgt(am thinkin of spending between 3-5) Thanks in advance

~Sam

The older 2.5s were prone to head gasket failure. (I had HG failure on my first Subie, a 97 OB at 130K). I think the 2.2s were a little better for head gaskets; someone chime in.

105K is a maintenance time for the timing belt and water pump ... Be sure to find a car that has maintenance records.

One of my favorite cars was my 99 LGT 30th anniversary edition. Don't limit yourself to the LGT. Take a look at the Impreza with a 5 speed. It lacks the creature comforts but can be tossed around for fun a bit better.

At your price range of 3-5K, just be a savvy buyer. Ask questions on this forum when you find a car. Did a quick search on Auto trader for GTs, 0 - 5K. Auto trader shows 27 Legacys with GT used as the key word. 150K to 200K+ miles.

When you find a car you like, see if the dealer can do a leakdown and compression test. If they won't, if you know a mechanic, it's about a $200 cost to have the test done.

Yessir i mean LGT's and i saw a 2000 impreza with 110k miles 5 spd, didnt have maintenance records, selling for 3800..already sold i believe tho :( but anyways thanks much for the info, when i find something good, ill post it up and see whatcha all think

Also, am looking for a car thats decent for mountain biking, my car has a 2 bike hitch rack at the moment, but itd be awesome to just get a 3 bike roof rack ona LGT in addition to a hitch rack. Even an impreza sedan wouldnt be too bad, just would forsure need a roofrack and hitch rack

Archived