LegacyGT.com

People Suck

gibjer

http://www.jeremykeith.com/images/bumper.jpg

Someone hit me while I was parked, same corner I got hit in back in Feb, although this time the damage is enough where I'll have to get it taken care of, I think it popped a bumper clip on that side as well. looks like probably an SUV clipped me with a tire, probably didn't even notice they hit me.

'20 Legacy XT Touring

13 Subarus and counting: http://jmaigroup.com/subarus/

Do NOT use paint thinner on your freaking car! I totally disagree with that statement!

first try washing it off with soap and water... if its just rubber, it'll come off fine.... I have a white VW, and I used this stuff called scratch-out... and it worked AWESOME... highly recommend that stuff... can be bought at walmart(i think)/Autozone... I think its a Turtlewax Brand. its a paste... or you coul try mr cleans "Magic eraser" ... i bet that would get it to... thats because its magic

This is why I do not own a more expensive car. I do everything I can to keep my LGT clean, but this things can happen.

Agreed, though to me the LGT is an expensive car because it's at the upper limit of what I can afford to pay cash, outright for. When I was in law school in DC, I bought a Saturn SL2 sedan 5-speed used for like $2500. I LOVED that thing because I totally didn't have to care at all about parking it, locking it, etc. Ended up selling it a couple of years later for $2000, so the car was basically "free" to drive.

I still kind of long for a 'nice' beater, maybe something like a older Benz from back in the day when they really built them like tanks. Maybe one of those 300SD's to add diesel to the fleet.

Do NOT use paint thinner on your freaking car! I totally disagree with that statement!

first try washing it off with soap and water... if its just rubber, it'll come off fine.... I have a white VW, and I used this stuff called scratch-out... and it worked AWESOME... highly recommend that stuff... can be bought at walmart(i think)/Autozone... I think its a Turtlewax Brand. its a paste... or you coul try mr cleans "Magic eraser" ... i bet that would get it to... thats because its magic

i have used paint thinner in light moderation on a rag in a time consuming process to get black off of white before and it did work. you have to be careful, but it is a possibility...last resort! doesnt fix scratches of course, but cleans off the other paint to allow you to see and start messing with the rest of it. dont get too crazy though...last resort!

Every door ding, every bumper scrape, every key mark comes from someone else other than me that's why I make a trip to the body shop about every 18 months to keep my car looking fresh yes it's expensive but I love a perfect looking car.

Yeah, I had someone ding my car door something fierce last friday, and I'm actually having a shop do the work. $600 minus my $500 deductible means I get one hundred sweet-tasting smackers of help from my insurance.

Lesson: ALWAYS check your deductibles and how much dropping them should cost.

If you've got a comprehensive deductible over $250, lower it. It'll likely cost you about $30/yr.

And it's always worth checking to see if your collision deductible can be dropped. Going from $500 to $250 only costs me another $100/yr, so that's definitely worth doing now that I've actually had to use it.

Bottom line, people are generally inconsiderate fucks, and I hate them for it.

Archived