LegacyGT.com

Sports Tourer 3.0R

I live in Scotland, UK and have just today taken delivery of the latest Subaru Legacy Sports Tourer 3.0R. I collected it this morning and drove the 100 miles back to my home. I have to treat it gentle for a while but even 'gentle' provides impressive performance! The flat 6 engine is a jewel, smooth and turbine like. I've given up a 2.8 5 Series BMW for this car and was filled with doubts as to the wisdom of the decision. No regrets now.

My understanding is that a 2.5T will eventually become available in the UK but only in sedan form. I need the tourer to transport 2 chunky boxer pups. I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how to do it.... I'm new to forums like this.

Very pleasant pic, you'll have me pining to get back to Scotland soon. Was it easy to get hold of the car, my dad asked at a dealer and they were expecting them to be like hens teeth in the UK

The interior is ivory leather, looks fabulous. The car took just over 2 weeks from placing the order. Currently, in the UK, the 2 & 2.5 litre models can be obtained with 3 years free servicing. I tried to get the same deal on the 3.0R without success. I assume Subaru UK want to sell more of the smaller engined cars.... maybe they have a larger profit margin? It seems to me that the new Legacy is very rare on UK roads at the moment, indeed the only one I have seen, wait for it, is mine! In the UK the 3.0R is 3000 British pounds more than a 2.5SE (No GT here yet), in my book it is well worth it for the engine alone but it actually comes with a great deal more kit also. Proir to making my decision the dealer loaned me a 2.5SE for a week (this is a very unusual thing here, normally one would expect a test drive of an hour or so). The dark green SE was very nice with surprisingly good performance for such a modest power output. Out on the road it never got a second glance from other motorists etc. This 3.0R has so much more road presence. The colour helps but the deeper front bumper and side skirts with chrome inserts really set the whole car off. It attracts lots of attention.

Archived