LegacyGT.com

hp questions??

buying a different car

this.

you're talking a very very high amount of money to get your car into that range... be it swapping in an sti motor, or swapping in and buildig a wrx motor, or just building the living shit of of your ej25..

you'll be better off savig that money to get a car stock, thats faster than these will ever be... i.e. wrx, fozzy xt, etc.

• I Donated

A friend of mine has a 96 Legacy L. He has a EJ20R swap in it with a single turbo, megasquirt ecu, ford msd ignition, cams, and other random goodies. He is capabile of running 400+ on the setup but has it tuned down to about 325 because his transmission would blow up with 300 hp going to it.

You will never get 400HP out of your stock EJ25D. You're best off doing an STI swap (engine, transmission, ,rear end), and building it.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

buying a different car

/thread

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated
buying a different car

He probably wants a good amount of power in something different from what all the other tuners do. I respect that. You can get 500+ hp in a BD Legacy, I've seen it done and they are cool as shit. It just costs money to do

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

2 jobs, a year or 2, blood/sweat/tears, a few months of research/trial/error, & 15-20k$ (possibly more). Let's not forget devotion. Especially if you want to make the car run reliable under the 400hp you plan to put it under (assuming whp). Not trying to be a stickler but gotta be realistic.

Spend all the money you want on an N/A EJ motor, and you'll still be DAMNED hard pressed to kick the 200whp barrier. It's just not worth it. Money is better spent sorting the suspension out. "Drive a slow car, fast" and all that.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

N/A power is fun. I was going to go turbo. I don't have goals of the WHP I want to make on a slightly built 2.2. I just want more fun.

Turbo doesn't mean everything. They will out perform you yeah. But who doesn't run boost?

N/A power is fun. I was going to go turbo. I don't have goals of the WHP I want to make on a slightly built 2.2. I just want more fun.

Turbo doesn't mean everything. They will out perform you yeah. But who doesn't run boost?

That is the motto for my cars lol

Archived