LegacyGT.com

Accident

Alas, I changed lanes into sombody.

We stop... I give Insurance info. She says everything looks fine and she won't worry about it or report it.

I then get a phone call at work. She tells me that there is a small "tear" or "hole" in he front fender about the size of your thumb. To top it all off it is a RENTAL car.

She later calls me again as I told her I would like to do it all under the table if possible as to avoid going through my insurance for a claim. She now tells me that her friend is a regional manager for the rental company in the mid-west and that this particular rental company is really good about working with you one on one in such circumstances meaning that I can pay the rental company for the damage.

She said the rental company will file a report the

and then come to inspect their rental car. Then they will contact me regarding the incident and payment therof. I asked if the women if she rendered my insurance information to them and she said no. I asked her to refrain from that if she can.

Now I am wondering what kind of "report" will be filed that the Rental company will oversee. Will it be an intercompany report or will it be a police report? I would prefer no information floating around that my insurance company may be able to trace back to this incident and my vehicle.

Anybody know anything about how this might be handled? I know the damage to the rental is minimal at best.

• 5 weeks later...

That rental company will try and blame you for every deficiency on that car...exterior, interior, left side, right side, driveline, electrical, you name it.

You are screwed. Auto rental companies suck a$$.

Good luck.

It is still ugly.

Now I am wondering what kind of "report" will be filed that the Rental company will oversee.

It's called a Damage Report or "DX".

There is always an option to go to a branch and pay for it with a credit card/debit card/money order instead of using insurance. Don't wait too long, collections is not fun. Using insurance depends on the state. For example NY uses the liability portion (no deductible) and CT uses the collision portion (deductible). A rate hike would depend on your record/policy/company. PM me for more specific answers. I work in the industry.

Archived