LegacyGT.com

Best ( cheapest ) time of year to buy a new car

kleggo

I know the conventional wisdom is to buy a car at the end of a month / quarter / year to get the "best deal"

But that does not always jive with SOA incentives.

Is there a typical "season" when SOA offers appealing incentives for current model year cars?

I remember that last year ~ Labor Day they were offering some cash back and 1.9% financing.

thanks

Craig

i've heard that the week after christmas is a great time, lots of sales going on up until new years --

but - if your willing to get the previous model year, as the new models are coming out -- then wait as long as possible.

i think subaru is offering an additional 2k off on the few left over '05 cars over what they're offering on the '06's... the downside is that you have a lot less of a chance of getting what you want.

I know the conventional wisdom is to buy a car at the end of a month / quarter / year to get the "best deal"

Is there a typical "season" when SOA offers appealing incentives for current model year cars?

I remember that last year ~ Labor Day they were offering some cash back and 1.9% financing.

thanks

Craig

Any time is a good time,and if you watch public info. on incentives(kbb.com) and co-ordinate that with your time to buy, you can strike up a deal below invoice.

Find internet quotes and use them as bargaining tools.

I got my 2006 2.5i this past new years eve for 200 under invoice and got 200 off of a 6yr 100,000 mile warranty. came in about 15 min before closing after calling to get a price on one. Closed the whole deal and paperwork in 1 1/2 hrs! Needless to say they wanted to get out of there.

thanks

Craig

thanks for the input.

I'll ask a more focused question.

When, other than Christmas / New Years, ( showing my WASP backgreound here) does SOA most often offer incentives?

When do the new model year cars roll-out? September? October?

thanks

kleggo

I just bought a new 05' left over Outback L.L.Bean Edition last Saturday for $28,000. MSRP was over $33,000. That's more than $5,000 difference. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Picking up the car this afternoon. I will post some pictures later on.

I just bought a new 05' left over Outback L.L.Bean Edition last Saturday for $28,000. MSRP was over $33,000. That's more than $5,000 difference. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Picking up the car this afternoon. I will post some pictures later on.

not bad.... maybe u could have gotten it for like $27K or maybe lower depending on how bad they want it off their lot......

but not bad at all....

Archived