LegacyGT.com

Weird Problems CEL!

Sorry to start another topic like this, but this is weird and I did a search and couldn't find anything.

So i filled up tonight with Shell 91 oct. I normally fill up with Chevron, but that doesn't matter. I was a block from my house and my gas gauge dropped to empty and began to blink. I figured, when I get home i'll shut it off the car and turn it back on. So I did so, but then the CEL an cruise are blinking along with the empty gas tank. I came in the house and read some searches, went back outside to tighten the gas cap. Turned the car on again, same thing.

The car ran fine on the way home and didn't notice anything weird. Has anyone ever ran into this?

05 LGT MT

ERZ DP

M2 UP

Infamous1 tune

Ok, so the stealership wanted $100 to read the code (I knew they would charge high, but since I work next to a Subaru dealership, I decided to check.) Autozone no longer runs codes, so I ended up purchasing a code reader for $50.

Came back Code P0463. Fuel sensor. So now I need to read up on to fix this.

So, I cleared it with my code reader. Now it idles weird. I idles really low at like 900 rmp. Not saying that is bad, but it seems like when I rev it and I drops back down to idle, it seems like the motor wants to stall. Did I just erase my infamous tune???

Came back Code P0463. Fuel sensor. So now I need to read up on to fix this.
Search 2005.5 for info on the fuel tank pressure sensor issue.

Long story shorter Subaru removed the sensor mid-production, some aftermarket tunes need to be adjusted.

Edit, if your production date is Aug 2004 or later you need the 2005.5 map ( does not look for the sensor ).

Ok. Thank you for the input. I ran the car around town at lunch and it looks like the idle has smoothed out. I think I was just paranoid that I lost the tune from Infamous. Waiting to hear back from him. From what I have gathered with searching is, the tune should be ok. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Archived