LegacyGT.com

18x8 Suggestions?

BarManBean

• Moderators

Need to start thinking about wheels in the 18x8 size for the outback. Anyone have suggestions for decent wheels that won't completely break the bank? Not really interested in Rotas or similar wheels that can be expected to degrade pretty quickly. Don't mind used-but-in-good-condition and that's probably what I'll be keeping an eye out for. Some on my list so far are

• OZ Superleggara
  • OZ Ultraleggara
  • OZ Allggerita
  • Enkei RPF1s
  • BBS REs (if I can even find a set for a non-ridiculous amount of money)
  • BBS RGRs (same as above)
  • Enkei Raijin
  • TSW Nurbrugrings
  • TSW Interlagos
  • SSR Comp
  • Advans?

Other suggestions? Comments on quality of the above? I'm really option to anything right now since I've never seriously looked into anything in the 18" variety before.

Things to add:

• The car is an Outback, not a Legacy. This means that the outside diameter of the tires will need to be larger. Stock size is 225/55r17. For 18" wheels, tires size options will likely be 225/50, 235/45, or 245/45 (235/45 is the least desirable option for me)
  • Current suspension is LGT-spec Tokico struts with swift springs. 3/8" spacers in the front, 1" spacers in the rear. I may switch over to pink springs which should get me some extra ride height.

Pics of the car attached, both with the current stock '09 wheels as well as with the TSW Nurburgrings that the previous owner had.

DSC_0561_zpsff0df380.thumb.jpg.b1620624d171aaf1bd5ef06e100e5955.jpg

DSC_0560_zpsae765da7.thumb.jpg.1280ed7c3e221803890fd8ec51e45490.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.97bac10b135c35d8117803faa794dc10.jpg

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been an RPF1 fan for a while now, finally own a set. Another option I considered is their PF01, but in 18" they are only offered in 7.5 width.

I considered Ultraleggaras but after talking with a few friends who have/had them I was told not to as our New England roads aren't all to friendly.

I like the Enkei RPF1, but even the 18's look too small to me. Something about the thick inner lip. I really like the PF01s...

I had (and miss) my old OZ superlegs - great looking wheel. But all options being equal, I would go with the BBS.

You can't go wrong with a set of 18x8 RPF1s especially in gold :p I've got 18x8+45 and with my Teins they fit perfectly in the front and with 5mm spacers the back should sit flush as well.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff439/Caleb_Ingerson/DSC_3027edited2-1.jpg

God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance

Mike, I completely forgot about the Ultraleggeras. Honestly, those are the only wheels I would ditch my ProDrives for. Mk6933 had some good recommendations too. Some of the new Enkei offerings are t3h s3x :dm:. I think you'll get the most bang for your buck with a set of RPF1s though, like many others have mentioned. Add to the fact they're super light, and you've got a winner!

Oh and no offense to anyone with gold wheels, but damn putting gold on that OBXT bro. Murder those things out ;)

Oh my...

I have that combo for track use:lol::lol::lol:

Oh damn how dirty do they get after a track day? :lol: mine are usually covered in brake dust after a week or so of normal driving so I can't imagine how bad they are at the track.:lol:

God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance

Enkei RPF1 or PF01 are nice wheels. Have a set of both.

My gold 18x8 RPF1 fall into the "Wife hates color, come pick up" category. Make an offer. If she can buy a new purse, she'll say yes.

My wife strongly suggested that I sell my gold Advans too. they just don't get it.

I did end up selling them after she called me an 'Asian teenager'. Which I am neither.

Thanks everyone. I'll look into all of the suggestions.

What's the consensus on TSW wheels? Any good?

My brother has a set of TSW wheels on his GTO, they seemed very nice in terms of quality/finish. I'm not sure how they are on weight tho.

Anyway, I know that's not a LGT application, but as a brand TSW is ok I think.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Get a set of SSR Comps for super lightweightednessity.

There's also the TR Motorsports C2. Not many people know about them, but they're cheap and at 19lbs, they're not too heavy for a 18" wheel. And before someone makes a stupid comment...TR stands for Tire Rack and Enkei builds them. The TR MT1 is a popular wheel BMW trackers buy.

IMG_1201P.thumb.jpg.a6ab144618bf9cbdf4a827c2903e653c.jpg

Enkei Yamato in 18x8J, ET45. Not the lightest evar at 9.5kg, but inexpensive.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Thanks everyone. I'll look into all of the suggestions.

What's the consensus on TSW wheels? Any good?

TSW's are super light and very affordable...Butler wouldn't carry them if they were not worthy of it....in their gallery, they have tons of high end vehicles with them on. See if you can find a TSW dealer close to you...they have a 'where to buy' link on their website.

-r

There's also the TR Motorsports C2. Not many people know about them, but they're cheap and at 19lbs, they're not too heavy for a 18" wheel. And before someone makes a stupid comment...TR stands for Tire Rack and Enkei builds them. The TR MT1 is a popular wheel BMW trackers buy.

Do you know if these clear Brembos?

Archived