LegacyGT.com

(Install Help) Grimmspeed ebcs install

phildog33

Hey guys,

Ive been trying to tune my 2005 Outback with swapping pills and doing the street/etune pulls for Shamar Infamous Tuning.. and its been 3 months and we havent made any progress. Each pill and combo is not creating enough boost to move forward with tuning

Shamar recommended me to get the grimmspeed ebcs for my car.

I just ordered it and was hoping for a little instruction on installing it. Are there any links that take you through a Legacy grimmspeed ebcs install?

Thanks again

And in this setup.. all the pills disappear right?

Right now there is a 1mm pill in the vacuum line and im stage3, VF52 with everything else installed.. and im getting 15psi max

Thanks for any help again

Phillip

there is a video on youtube.com [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9KSMr0q0uY]GrimmSpeed Boost Control Solenoid Install - YouTube[/ame]
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Reducing you WG duty cycle tables about 30% should get you in a "tuneable" area. Remember the Grimspeed is a block type soleniod , where as the factory is a bleed type and is very slow to react at higher boost levels. You can use the Grimmspeed as a bleed type but they work much better as a block type.

ok im ready to install it.. seems pretty easy and straightforward

is the stock BCS for the Legacy/Outback in the same spot as the WRX though?

I think for the legacy it would be hidden somewhere else

p

It's bolted to the IM on the passenger side, pretty much right on top.

Definitely trim all your WG tables by 30-40% for initial tune or you will be overboosting. Tuning the grimmspeed ebcs is a piece of cake, it works really well. After tuning one of them on a stock turbo (td04) forester I'm completely sold on it.

-Steve

that vid is for the 04-07 sti and 02-07 wrx youtube has one for our lgt's and 08+ wrx will probably be of more use to you

link: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPnxp3Zkohg]GrimmSpeed Boost Control Solenoid Install 08+ WRX/LGT - YouTube[/ame]

LouzGT thanks for the correction, i was unsure which to post i only watched the one i posted, but its not hard to spot the BCS after watching either video
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

• 4 years later...
I just installed this, and it was straightforward *except* for the fact that one of the hoses that runs in front of the intercooler (I think it's the head breather hose?) sits almost completely on top of the high pressure nipple coming off the turbo. I was able to get the stock hose off without moving that hose, but getting the new line on was damn-near impossible without taking that breather hose off and pulling it out of the way.

Archived