LegacyGT.com

08 Legacy wood trim interior replacement

Soda Popinski

The 2008 Spec B comes with an all - silver panel trim on the dash and around the console bezel. All the 2.5GTL's I saw only had a wood trim. The dealership said that they couldn't swap it out, is there a part number for the all silver version and if so, has anyone had any luck swapping it out?

The LGT's have the same silver styling on the door handles and the actual radio faceplate. But everything else is a plastic looking wood trim.

While not a joy killer... it would be nice to swap it out to look like the spec B's.

There is 1 wood piece on the passenger rear door handle facing towards the back.

There is 1 wood piece on the driver side rear door handle facing towards the back.

There is 1 wood piece on the passenger front door handle facing towards the back.

There is 1 wood piece on the driver side front door handle facing towards the back.

The gear shift on the automatic has 1 wood piece on it.

To the left of the steering column is 1 piece.

To the right of the steering column that connects to the radio bezel is 1 piece.

There is 1 long piece above the glove box.

There is 1 piece that is on the left side of the console.

There is 1 piece that connects that to the right side of the console.

I counted 10 pieces total in my car.

Since none of the old timers have stepped in yet...the pieces on the doors are part of the door panel and cannot be purchased separately. They are heat welded onto the door panel (IIRC) and are not easily removable. Easiest options are to cover them with an aftermarket overlay of some sort or paint them while they are attached to the door. Has been a previous topic numerous times.
It is still ugly.

Since none of the old timers have stepped in yet...the pieces on the doors are part of the door panel and cannot be purchased separately. They are heat welded onto the door panel (IIRC) and are not easily removable. Easiest options are to cover them with an aftermarket overlay of some sort or paint them while they are attached to the door. Has been a previous topic numerous times.

damnit

i will, how do we do this?

Tomorrow I will work on taking the pieces off the dash and what not. If the car is operable w/o them, then I'll send them to you, and you do the same.

How's that sound?

Archived