LegacyGT.com

Bright yellow substance.....

So this is quite intriguing to me, and I was just wondering if anybody has ever seen anything like this before.....

So I was topping off my oil yesterday and I happened to drop the oil cap down in the bay, so I picked it up and as I was spinning it back on, I noticed a gritty feeling as I screwed it on, so I removed the cap and there was a small amount of debris in the threads from when I dropped it....

Ok so I continued to wipe the threads off of the oil cap inside and out, and when I looked at the towel, there was some sort of Bright yellow (LIKE NEON YELLOW) Gunk or substance on there.... Any thoughts? I just found it odd....

Could be moisture in the oil filler tube. When the oil vapors cools the water will condesate and form that yellowish gunk. When the warm weather comes back it will go away.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Could be moisture in the oil filler tube. When the oil vapors cools the water will condesate and form that yellowish gunk. When the warm weather comes back it will go away.

Hmmmm No shit!? Well thanks for the feedback! I would NEVER thought of that... And to see something so distinct in color was sort of weird!

Archived