LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester thead

godwhomismike

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they keep the Sports model that is the best looking Forester yet...we would own one if it could have fit a baby seat!!!

Which leads me to the 2nd hope:

More rear seat room...w/the new Impreza suspension they should be able to move the rear seat back further...this is a young mom's demographic car and w/o being able to fit a car seat in the back easily your killing sales. Hell I'll give SOA one for test fitting.

3rd

More road noise damping

4th

More standard features but keeping the price advantage over the competition

5th

Gosh dare I say it...a V6?

Love that little car...hope they don't ruin it like the WRX...if they do it right I see my next car being one once I am done w/my Leggy wagon

I still don't see SOA being bold enough to Diesel in the U.S.

Not that I wouldnt like to see it.

They already announced the US will get diesel at the Geneva Auto Convention. They just didn't say when.

Gosh dare I say it...a V6?

I hope you meant to say H6, and not the (Toyota) V6.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

But the underpinnings of the Tribeca are from the legacy... so it will be based on the legacy? :)

Although the Tribeca is an "extended" legacy chassis, its rear suspension is completely different from the Legacy (and actually the 2008 Impreza rear suspension is almost identicle to the Tribeca).

It will be based on the Tribeca, and this is the closest thing that anyone has posted here yet that is not a rumor, it was actually mentioned in something from SOA.

ok... so here it is: The 2009 Subaru Forester rumor thread.

Here are things I am expecting:

- I expect the 2009 Subaru Forester to be unveiled at the 2008 NY auto Show.

- I expect the 09 Forester will have the same interior as the '08 Impreza (which is very nice).

- As for styling, I would expect very minor exterior changes - upgraded grill and panels, but nothing to break the current formula.

- I expect Subaru to debut the next diesel boxer engine along with the Forest making it an option (hopefully 50-state certified).

- I certainly hope the next generation Forester isn't a Rav4 with a boxer engine and AWD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- I expect a XT model, and I really hope a Sports XT model (that could be had with leather interior, navi, and seat warmers.) :)

/

I think the all new 2008 JDM Subaru Forester to be unveiled in 2007 at the 40th Tokyo Auto Show.

I think the all new 2008 JDM Subaru Forester to be unveiled in 2007 at the 40th Tokyo Auto Show.

The 2008's are already debuted and are coming out here soon. They dont have any major changes.

The 2009, which is the redesigned model, wont be debuting til 2008.

The 2008's are already debuted and are coming out here soon. They dont have any major changes.

The 2009, which is the redesigned model, wont be debuting til 2008.[/quote

Thanks for your reply. I knew that US market will receive the all new 2009 Subaru Forester and it would be on sale by summer 2008. My point is shouldn't Subaru show case one of their newest product (JDM Forester) at "40th Tokyo Auto show" this year, and remember the model year for JDM Model are almost always a year ahead of USDM (except the all new Subaru Impreza). Just my point of views. :redface:

I really hope the 2009 is just a little bit bigger (I might consider one if it had more shoulder room). I would also like an option of 275-300 hp range with a 6 speed manual.

If they dont offer that much power for the Legacy, I dont think they would in the Forester. At most you could hope for the power of a LGT.

Must not attempt to squeeze a 3rd row into it, and the exterior needs to be a bit sleaker, too.. Foresters are still a bit too utilitarian for me.

Not a 3rd row, but how bout reverse seats in the trunk? Is there a name for them? I dont know if the E wagon still has em, but I always thought that they were pretty cool.

If they dont offer that much power for the Legacy, I dont think they would in the Forester. At most you could hope for the power of a LGT.

I'm thinking maybe the 3.6 would sure be nice. . . .Mate that to a nice 5 or 6 speed and I would definately consider one.

I'm thinking maybe the 3.6 would sure be nice. . . .Mate that to a nice 5 or 6 speed and I would definately consider one.

I wonder is Subaru would actually offer a manual transmission with a 6 cylinder engine. Hasnt happened since the 80s.

I wonder is Subaru would actually offer a manual transmission with a 6 cylinder engine. Hasnt happened since the 80s.

In the USA. H6 Legacy with MT is readily available outside NA.

Archived