LegacyGT.com

wing & mud flaps

Hey guys, been looking around for a little while now and have a couple questions. Im purchasing a LGT soon (05') and would like to put some mud flaps on it. Any recommendations? Id like subaru (OEM) ones but having a hard time finding them. Also looking at different wing options. I think they look a little funky without a wing but the one on there now is a little mellow for my liking. Id like just a scoop off the back or something a little more low profile/aggressive. Once again, i haven't seen much pop up. I don't know what parts are interchangeable yet (like mud flaps off sti or something) or I would look elsewhere. Thanks for any input.

PS also looking for websites that specialize in suabru parts like this, I'm sure theres a sticky somewhere with great sites if someone could point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome :cool:

EDIT: a little more ebay searching lead me to this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Legacy-2005-2009-05-06-07-08-09-4dr-sedan-Rear-Lip-Trunk-Spoiler-Wing-/271318635019?fits=Make%3ASubaru%7CModel%3ALegacy

but i would like it a little taller.

Are you gonna drive on gravel at high-speed?

No?

Then you don't need mudflaps.

Your current wing is functional AND aesthetic. Are you familiar with the purpose/function of a spoiler/wing?

Probably at some point (lots of dirt roads around here), and they cinder the hell out of the roads (live by a large lake, so they don't salt much) id like to reduce the kick up onto drivers behind me and my panels. Ive had windshields chip and crack following other vehicles at a safe distance int he winter due to them slinging crud at my car. Not to mention the paint chips & i would rather not do that to person behind me because I know the feeling..

I understand the purpose of a wing (aerodynamic downforce) and aesthetically the stock is not pleasing to me. I am not a race car driver and I could do without the wing, but would like to have a little some something there.

FTFY

Note: I have an Outback and my views are swayed by that .

lol, my friend has an outback with flaps on it, they look good in my eyes and function beautifully. Not trying to make it look like a rally racer but really do want to keep the cinders and pebbles down. Does suabru make oem flaps for these cars or am I only stuck with alternatives?

lol, my friend has an outback with flaps on it, they look good in my eyes and function beautifully. Not trying to make it look like a rally racer but really do want to keep the cinders and pebbles down. Does suabru make oem flaps for these cars or am I only stuck with alternatives?

They do. They look something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2009-Subaru-Legacy-Sedan-Splash-Guard-Mud-Flap-Set-Black-OEM-NEW-/321546549280?fits=Make%3ASubaru|Model%3ALegacy

pricy.

There is also http://www.flapatax.com/

and RallyArmor. I went with RallyArmor UR because I am a sucker for pointlessly expensive things (Outbacks come with OEM mudflaps)

They do. They look something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2009-Subaru-Legacy-Sedan-Splash-Guard-Mud-Flap-Set-Black-OEM-NEW-/321546549280?fits=Make%3ASubaru|Model%3ALegacy

pricy.

There is also http://www.flapatax.com/

and RallyArmor. I went with RallyArmor UR because I am a sucker for pointlessly expensive things (Outbacks come with OEM mudflaps)

hmm I actually really like the oem look but the flapatax price is nice, and they're simple with no writing or anything. The rally armor ones were already off the list because the logo. This is the daily to keep close to stock, I've got a car for the pointless things that look nice ;)

You can get rallyarmors with a dark grey logo that you can barely see. I have a set. They're actually going to go on my outback along with those OEM ones! Haha mudflap overkill? Good news is the outback came with the OEM flaps and the rallyarmors were on my old 2.5i and a gift from my ex girlfriend! I love the way rallyarmors fly back a bit in the wind. You could also get urethane sheet and cut 'em out yourself. I'll be that stuff cuts nice on a bandsaw and is finished nice with a router.

Mudflaps - get the urethane Rally Armors. They're quintessential Subaru, durable, fit great, easy to install, and great resale.

Wing - if you have a wingless (spoilerless) trunk, you can find a trunk lip spoiler off eBay (eg, SpoilerKing), an eBay STI style lip, R-REV, or the used FS forums. b_riz0212 and jhawk222 have RBS v2 trunk lip spoilers for sale.

personally I dont think mudflaps look good on our cars. too ricey of a look. you want mudflaps? get a wrx and be that 'guy'. I saw somebody on here selling factory painted oem mudguards, which is actually pretty nice. other than that, don't ruin it!

personally I dont think mudflaps look good on our cars. too ricey of a look. you want mudflaps? get a wrx and be that 'guy'. I saw somebody on here selling factory painted oem mudguards, which is actually pretty nice. other than that, don't ruin it!

Wanna be friends? :wub:

hmm, never seen a civic with flaps lol. I most certainly am going to flap it, tomorrows pay day will turn into lots of parts for my new ride. Thanks for the input guys!

hmm, never seen a civic with flaps lol. I most certainly am going to flap it, tomorrows pay day will turn into lots of parts for my new ride. Thanks for the input guys!

oh trust, not everything has to be a civic to be rice. but hey, your car, your choice.

I like the look of flaps, though I'm always holding out for some JDM mud guards cause them things are sexy. I got the Flapatax (plus local company!), didn't like how flimsy Rallyarmors are and I see those things on everything in Utah. Lip spoilers are nice, gives a nice subtle look to the trunk. My Spec.B came with an OEM spoiler so I'm keeping it.

Kudos on not taking the criticism here too bad. We all have strong opinions about our cars so you're bound to get arguments when it comes to aesthetics. When it all comes down to it we'll still help and give advise, unwanted or not.

I like the look of flaps, though I'm always holding out for some JDM mud guards cause them things are sexy. I got the Flapatax (plus local company!), didn't like how flimsy Rallyarmors are and I see those things on everything in Utah. Lip spoilers are nice, gives a nice subtle look to the trunk. My Spec.B came with an OEM spoiler so I'm keeping it.

Kudos on not taking the criticism here too bad. We all have strong opinions about our cars so you're bound to get arguments when it comes to aesthetics. When it all comes down to it we'll still help and give advise, unwanted or not.

what is this you speak of? pics?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/25/eda2ygeg.jpg

OEM Mud flaps

Type S Rrevsports Spoiler

agh this looks great!

gipsy- I also like those 'splash' guards very much but wasn't sure they were OEM or not! Good to know! Im used to the car community, everyone has strong opinions and I respect that 100% and thats why everyones not driving the same looking car!

When I think rice I auto think civic, or nissan with a wing/fart can ect.. 'Technically' all JDM should be 'rice' in my book, but coming from the euro side of things, its hard to look at some of it but I do understand, unlike most. Its all about the culture where the car originated from it seems and yes, different strokes for different folks at its finest.

Archived