LegacyGT.com

Front tires jerking

Hello I have a quick question. When my car is parked and I turn the steering wheel my front tires seem to jerk around. This also happens in reverse. Has anyone else had this problem? Only happens when the car is stationary and if I turn the steering wheel a full turn.

the front tires should move when you turn the steering wheel

Yes they should nice and smoothly not erratically, shaking the front end of the car. I never experienced this in any car before. I guess I will have the dealer check it out. Just trying to see if others have experienced this and can offer any solutions.

Once.

Backing out of a parking spot. It may have happened slightly one more time but not again. That was may be 2 years ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sounds like Power Steering (PS) probably. The accessory belt which is attached to your PS might be worn or is slipping. Have the shop check that out.

This sounds like a very plausible explanation. Thanks for all the input yall:)

This sounds like a very plausible explanation. Thanks for all the input yall:)

Inspection and replacing the accessory belt is pretty simple. You might want to try that yourself first before heading to the shop to save a few dollars. Make sure you have the new belt before you start taking the old one off though! :)

You may get by with just adjusting yours, may be the belt has stretched.

I new belt from the auto parts store is like $20.00 you might as well change both belts while your there.

Spray the bolts on with PB Blaster before you try and lossen them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived