LegacyGT.com

Front sway suggestion?

ssbtech

Outback XT - on Bilsteins and Pinks. Have a rear COBB bar on the softer setting.

I'd like to replace the front bar and move the rear bar to the stiffer setting. I'd do the rear endlinks (bracket reinforcement already done).

What would be a good match for the front? Thanks.

I guess I should ask if a front sway is what I need.

Even on the Bils/Pinks (too firm on city streets, BTW) I still find the car a little unsettled on the highway. The Cobb RSB is on the light setting (stock endlinks) and the front bar is stock.

I don't race/rally/whatever the car, just looking to clean up a little of the overall "wobbly" feel.

Whiteline is a pretty common bar and affordable as well. I've had my front 22m adjustable installed for 6 years and have forgotten its even on - it works well for my handling. I also have kartboy links.

It's a solid steel bar not hollow like Perrin. I'm not sure about the weight difference but the WL was more affordable at the time. I think brand appeal - Australian suspension focused also factored in.

Install required some finessing but so far, I'm happy with everything.

good rear toe numbers considering the lack of rear camber adjustment. 0 thrust angel is good. you have no front camber at all. i would suggest that you dial in some negative front camber for some more stability. Shoot for -1.0 each side if you can. Id also invest in the whiteline KCA399 camber bushings for the rear. you want more negative camber back there as well. again -1.0 or even -1.5 each side will be fine for keeping the car stable at speed.

When you have 0 toe all around and zero negative camber, the car can be unsettled very easily. negative camber adds stability, and if you can, also upgrade the front LCA bushings for more caster. the will aid front end stability as well. I would do these things to fix your wobbly feeling before you upgrade the front bar.

Ill also add that tires will play a large for in feeling stable at speed. with an outback on all seasons with the stock tire size, is wobbly no matter what. running a sticky stiff summer tire will make the car feel way better.

I'm on Nokian WR All Weathers :lol:

Thanks for your feedback on the alignment :)

I have the non-offset front LCA bushings. How much do the offset caster bushings push the wheel forward? It's already quite far forward in the well...

The alignment guy wasn't all that friendly. I should have known what I wanted before I dropped it off. The initial front camber was probably better before adjustment. Being as low as it is, I think that was maxed out at -.9

if you dont get a good feeling from your alignment guy, go somewhere else.

the bushings wont push the wheel that much forward. really you will get about 1 degree more in caster. Go for the WL ones. they can be easily adjusted after install for equal numbers side to side.

Archived