LegacyGT.com

possible blown strut?

Naylor

i've been on cobb springs, stock struts now for about 7 months. i had an alignment done not too long after my spring install. i'm starting to notice uneven wear on the inside of my front passenger side tire...every other thread is wearing faster than the other, like a wave.

Could this just be a bad alignment or blown strut or both? thanks

+1 to alignment first, but the stock struts are crap to begin with. putting lowering springs on them makes bad in to worse. If you alignment ends up being good, id get a set of koni struts and ditch the stockers.

Naylor....

I just had the exact same problem, passenger front strut was the root cause. It should be really obvious though if the toe angle is out that far. Michigan winters or more so michigan roads are hard on cars. I had 5 alignment settings in the red :o)

got your pm! thanks. this is quickly turning expensive. :lol: i'm sure the wear on my tires are too much to just replace one.

1. new tires

2. new struts

3. possibly new springs to mate w/ spec b top hats

my wife is going to love this one! :lol::lol:

got your pm! thanks. this is quickly turning expensive. :lol: i'm sure the wear on my tires are too much to just replace one.

1. new tires

2. new struts

3. possibly new springs to mate w/ spec b top hats

my wife is going to love this one! :lol::lol:

you have to play the safety card! especially if you have rugrats in the car! :lol:

talk about expensive? i spent $2700 on suspension parts and then had to drop another ~$500 on tools to do the job myself. considering we're 5 months out from our wedding my fiance' didn't give me too much trouble. ;)

Oh and I did not count the Tokicos in that $2700 as they were a backup... you can imagine why i'm eager to sell!

Archived