LegacyGT.com

brake advice

GTSpeed

Alright,

After almost 5 years, it's time to get the LGT on the track. I'm going to VIR in November.

I've got 39K miles on the original stock brakes and I'm planning on changing the fluid and pads before I go.

I've been searching and reading, but I can't find a clear consensus on the best way to go. I want higher performance pads and fluids, but something that is streetable. I can tolerate more dust, but I don't want a pad that needs to be heated up to work (ie I don't want my wife driving herself and our new baby off the road when she uses the Subaru). I am not planning on changing pads everytime when I want to go to the track - I just don't have enough free time.

Also, what fluid would you guys recommend?

Any other advice would be appreciated - Keefe's write-up of VIR is great - I'll be memorizing it before I go.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I'd get different pads for track and street. There is no in-between pad that will make you happy in both situations. The "compromise" pads will be dusty and noisy for street and they wont have the full capability for track. They are easy enough to swap out, so do it either before the event or at the event and you will be good to go!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Mike,

I'd get different pads for track and street. There is no in-between pad that will make you happy in both situations. The "compromise" pads will be dusty and noisy for street and they wont have the full capability for track. They are easy enough to swap out, so do it either before the event or at the event and you will be good to go!

So stick with stock pads, then put on what kind for the track? Are there any which you would recommend? Even if I use dedicated track pads, I still need to drive with them on between Pennsylvania and Virginia.

Archived