LegacyGT.com

Look what I did. :(

I was filling up this morning...in a rush of course... I started the gas pump, and walked in to get my coffee. The little place was packed and I was already running late so I was a little irritated. I pay and finally get outta there so I jump in, start her up and begin to slowly back up. That's when I hear this God awful sound. WTF???? I look over to my right and immediately realize what I have done.

I forgot to put the freakin nozzle back on the pump!!!!

I get out just knowing that I had probably really screwed something up. The lady filling up on the other side looked concerned but I knew deep down that she was doing everthing she could to keep from busting out with laughter. bitch :)

As I survey the damage i was quite relieved. I had only folded the fuel door back and the body of the car wasn't harmed. There are 2 places near the fuel door that got a small chip on the edge. But those will be easy to clean up with some touch up paint.

The pump handle had stayed in the car and I pulled the whole damn hose off the pump. I felt bad, but I was more concerned at what I had done to my car. I gently laid the piece of hose and handle on the ground, and I jumped in and drove away. I don't think I really hurt the pump. It had some little gizmo near the top that was probably designed for this exact reason. I called the dealer and they ordered the part for me. The part will come in on Monday, they'll send it out for paint and install it on Wednesday. Not too bad. I told them my wife did it. :)

That's it. I'm not sure what is more stupid, doing that to my fuel door or posting pictures of it on the internet. Oh who cares, I never make new posts and I thought this was a worthy submission. So laugh it up people at least no one got hurt....except my ego.

K

GO ROCKETS!!!!

385808572_fueldoor1.jpg.d427dc7af1613b14f058d1fdec91113d.jpg

133800232_fueldoor2.jpg.4f374c24a691e6afc79f59724f1a333b.jpg

Like I said, There was no damage to the pump. It pulled off clean and there wasn't even any gas spilt. It looked like it was designed to break off. Flame me if you will about driving off, I don't think they'll send anyone to get me and I'm sure this happens all the time. And who cares about cameras, I was the last one to use the pump. i think they could firgure it out from there. I'll keep my eyes posted for wanted signs with my face on it.

Call them back before police come knocking on your door for "Damadge to private property" and "Leaving the scene of an accident"

Can be more serious than you think.

<- Wife is a lawyer;)

I also belive this belongs in the General Funny forum :lol:

After a little searching.... this is what was at the top of the hose. nothing on the pump was damaged. Just re-configured. :)

Break-away Coupling—FIG 609

"Husky"™ brand Break-away Couplings. Used on curb pump hoses to help protect against damage resulting when a motorist drives away from the dispenser with the nozzle remaining in the vehicle fuel port. Tension causes the break-away to disconnect and release the line without spilling product. The detached coupling can be easily re-attached and placed back in service.

609.jpg.f07697b43b5369bcdfd54a30a84c9d9c.jpg

Yep those have been around for awhile now thankfully. When I was about 12 years old I filled up my Mom's car and then forgot to put the pump back in its place while I went inside to buy a drink. She drove away from the pump to come around in front of the store and it disconnected the same way... no fuel was spilt. But the expression on the cashier's face was priceless as I was paying for my coke.

I assume it's no big deal though and it was probably a piece of cake to put the pump back together.

Dude.....I don't know what's worse: Actually doing it or doing it and posting here that you did.

Big huevos man, BIG! :D

Ahhh, I got nothing to hide. I did a dumb thing and looking back....I can laugh at it now. I bet this will be a good reminder to check the pump before I try to drive away. Live and learn. If I can add a little humor to your lives than so be it. I'm still waiting to get my jabs from DM. :)

This should go down in history as my most expensive tank of gas. :)

It's funny.......and this may just be me, but when I'm filling my gas tank, I'm filling my gas tank, THAT'S IT...........not going in to buy a soda. I wish people had more patience in today's society.

well, by not taking responsibility, you will get what is coming to you. You posted it up here for us to get a giggle, but the manly thing to do would be to take responsibility, not just blow it off.

Think how you would feel if your property was damaged, and someone scooted away. But down the road, you had proof who did it....wouldn't you go after them in a big way? I know i would.

Big balls for posting about being stupid...but bigger balls for taking responsibility and taking care of your own.

well, by not taking responsibility, you will get what is coming to you. You posted it up here for us to get a giggle, but the manly thing to do would be to take responsibility, not just blow it off.

Think how you would feel if your property was damaged, and someone scooted away. But down the road, you had proof who did it....wouldn't you go after them in a big way? I know i would.

Big balls for posting about being stupid...but bigger balls for taking responsibility and taking care of your own.

Oh christ people! Did you even read all of my posts?

I TOOK RESPONSIBILITY!!! I TALKED TO THE GUY AT THE STATION!

All he had to do was plug the hose back in. Damn, you people can suck the fun out of everything!!!!

Archived