LegacyGT.com

No Test Drives...

:lol: following the TPMS thread...

so... are dealers out of their mind not allowing a test drive for the spec b?

member from cali had the same experience i had

'oh, you can test the 5 speed but not the spec b' i find it absurd

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't even sit in one at my dealier. They haven't been allotied one. They wern't even going to get a sti untill they had a customer order one and then back out because they could get it sooner at another dealier.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

You guys are kidding, right? You couldn't test drive a Subaru? A Subaru???

I borrowed this from my Ford dealer in southern California (before I moved to Wyoming) for cruise night:

http://home.earthlink.net/~stan999/upload/FORD-GT-1304-5RGB-M_filtere.jpg

Pretty good photo if I do say so myself.

Well if you think about it, you darn well know a 2007 spec B are geared for the car enthusiast and most likely to be test driven very spiritly. So would you take delivery on a hot new car with 200 pre-driven miles on it? I'm sure most will look around and pay more for the car with less miles on it. It's not just subaru, but Infiniti and Mercedes also gave me a little resistance on driving a few cars until I showed them I was ready to buy.

It's crappy behavoir, but im not surprised they did it, i remember when the Sti's came out, all the local dealerships were test drive nazis. Thinking we were asking to test drive ferraris.

Ed

Jesus I remember that back in 04:icon_roll My friend owns the dealership and they were still reluctant to let me take it(2nd 04 STi to hit their lot) out.

I told em"you wanna sell it,I get to drive it!" they handed me the keys and the rest is history:icon_wink

138_3871.jpg.f867275eb1939ded3c90f962230c0835.jpg

Originally Posted by JDizzle viewpost.gif

I test drove a 06 spec b and I didn't even want the car. I went there looking for a wrx and they didn't have any at the moment so the sales guy just threw me the keys to the 06 legacy spec b that they can't pay people to take .

Putting words in peoples' mouth? Pretty low. Make your own statements don't hide under skirts.

Well that didnt make any sense, but at least you are attempting to get in the spirit.

Way to go Grandpa! :lol:

But seriously, you need to realize that you are a human, not an 06 spec B. Therefore, people are allowed to have opinions or joke about the car that should not be threatening to you.

If they continue to be, I suggest you seek some professional help!

Actually Heights if you look back at a lot of your posts you seem to make a snide comment about the 06 Spec B every available chance you get. WE GET IT! You don't like the 06 Spec B, let it go! It's getting old. Maybe you need to seek some professional help.

And lastly, as many people on here have been saying that there aren't any 07 spec B's available to purchase, let alone test drive,

I was asuming that the only reason the earlier poster was able to test drive a specB was because it was an 06 which have been out for a while, vs. an 07 which just came out and which people have been refused opportunities to drive.

Actually, the earlier poster said nothing about the model year. Hmmm.....

Geebus,I've seen this before.:lol:

RS crowd versus the WRX crowd

WRX crowd versus the STi guys

But back to ,,,,,,,,,,,,, the OP,,,,,,,all dealerships take a different approach to test drives.It can depend on ,your age ,what your wearin,who your with,what they think they can get fr the car,dealer inventory,time of the month:icon_wink etc etc etc

Last month I went to what was then my local dealer for some service that I didn't have the resorces to do at home myself. Dressed in well worn in blue jeans and a black tshirt, noticed the 2007 Spec.B on the lot, went inside asked if I could check it out. Salesman handed me the keys so I could get inside, turn it on and check it out. After 10~15 min. he came out to get my opinion of the car, I asked if I could take it for a test drive. "Sure, let me move it out of it's spot, and make a copy of your licence". Got my licence back, took the car out, and returned it 20 min. later. So, yes at least some dealers are letting people test drive the 2007 Spec.B.

My opinion of the car? Meh, I'll keep my '05 "TR" edition wagon.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

:lol: following the TPMS thread...

so... are dealers out of their mind not allowing a test drive for the spec b?

member from cali had the same experience i had

'oh, you can test the 5 speed but not the spec b' i find it absurd

really, they let me a 23 year old punk looking college kid take the 06' spec b. out by myself, the sales guy said see you in 30-45 mins. I was like what, really no ride along, I should of got the vin and stole it, J/K:) , but that made me want the car even more, now all I do is think about that day in the spec b., oh and I probably put 25 or so miles on the car. Thats crazy they wont let people test drive, how do you know what your getting without driving it. It's like buying shoes and not trying them on and once you get home and wear them they dont fit, or arent the right color

I bought my LGT last Saturday and my dealership had an 07 SpecB in the showroom. No test drives but you could sit in it:icon_wink I do understand where they are coming from as I would only buy my LGT if it was "off the truck" (meaning <9 miles on it). Every salesman that let me demo drive an LGT told me to get on it and not worry about break-in - good for demo but bad if I"m buying that vehicle.

BTW - I was also looking at Civic SI's ...and it was the same story - very very hard to get a demo drive. Most Honda dealers were telling me either no test drives or I had to put down a deposit on the car before I could test drive it. Of course - almost all SI's are presold.

Archived