LegacyGT.com

Nice weather = LGT love

So, the weather has finally cleared up here in NorCal, and I figured it was time to give my leggy some love. Sunny day, wash, detail interior, etc. ... and....

Finally swapped out the front speakers with some nice components I had kicking around. Boston ProSeries tweets and crossovers, and some MBQuart Q-series mids I had kicking around (couldn't get the Boston 6.4s to fit). Wish I could spend the time to drop a proper amp and sub in (I actually just sold some nice gear I realized I was never going to install), but for now, it is a nice improvement, particularly in the high-end clarity.

Took me less time to install these than it did to clean my BBS RG-R wheels... don't know why I didn't do it earlier (it's only been 6 years).

Damn this is a nice car. 68k miles and still loving it.

Pete

Just fantasies, really. I really like the car as-is. Mods are very subtle. I put in Tein H-techs to make the BBS rims look right, there's a stage 1 TDC tune on it for a bit of grunt, I didn't like the chrome on the grill, but thought the mesh grills look to honda, so I gave a flat-black coat of paint to the grill "wings", and got some grey carbon fiber badges to make it monochrome. Also took the "GT 2.5" badge off to simplify the backend a bit. Also some tint on the windows, but nothing too dramatic.

It's fast enough for me, handles well enough... think if I did much more it would be around the audio. But with three young kids and a heavy job, it's probably never going to happen.

I never see these cars on the street, no idea why. They are fantastic. And I'm always getting people asking me about it, saying they really like it. Best bang for the buck car I've ever seen. Wish they still made them like this, not a fan of the new ones.

Pete

Archived