LegacyGT.com

got into a fender bender...IN NEED OF STOCK/aftermarket PARTS! PLEASE HELP

mr_abc

Hello everyone,

I'm from the North Jersey area and I got into a fender bender today and my dad's Legacy suffered cosmetic damage as far as I know. I'm a college student and times are rough and now times are even rougher, everything is coming out of my pocket.:( If anybody can help me with gathering parts for a 2006 Obisidian Black Pearl Legacy GT I would appreciate it. If any of you work at a Subaru dealership and do not mind sharing your employee discount I would very much appreciate it. If any of you currently have stock parts lying around and would like to sell or even donate I would very much appreciate it. From the looks of it, it's going to need a hood, a grill ,badge on the grill, headlight bracket/support, hood latch, radiator support??

If anybody can recommend a body shop that will do a decent job in the NJ area, please say so.

Thanks to all!

Not sure of your exaxt location..but there's a very good body shop in Fairview,NJ called Bill's Auto Body. He did some great work on my old wrx when it got banged up. He's a great guy and would certainly look out for you (money wise). If it's local drop me a PM and I can give you more info.

Lonnie

Thanx for all the PMs and replies so far. Got a few estimates and found out i need other parts as well. I'm going to need a driver's side headlight, a front bumper, and front bumper energy absorber.

I don't how to get a hold of a moderator, but if one you can notify one and move this thread to the general section, i would very much appreciate it.

Yeah i realize that its more than a fender bender, just here tryin to get a hold of parts on my own to get costs down.

I'll try to get pix up tomorrow. :icon_sad:

Guest JessterCPA

Fortunately, I have not had to use a body shop for the LGT, but I have twice for the TSX, and highly recommend Mazzola's in Garfield. Awesome shop, awesome work. He is even NJM authorized/approved, so if you have NJM insurance, the process is fast.

Everything is by the rules & by the book, so if you are trying to cut corners, he may not be the guy, but I will bring my car no where else.

Good luck,

Jesse

i'd say he is trying to avoid the insurance to not take a hit on rate hikes

Yes indeed, considering NJ is the highest for auto insurance.

Just a thought if I was to go through insurance, is there anyway I can get a CF hood, JDM front bumper, and JDM grill through them? hehe..

but thanx for everybody's input so far. i'm also going to need other small parts, anybody know of any subaru employees that can get parts for cost or near that?

Unfortunately, it sounds like you're best bet is to go through insurance on this one. Hood and bumper, prepped and painted alone will be just under 1k.

^ werd -- (and sorry to hear the bad luck), but Kap's right. it's not pretty either way, (and i'm sure dad's not thrilled with the prospect of his insurance getting jacked), but (short of a miraculous parts search here) the math says claim it. plus, he can most likely recoup some of the wallet trauma (if they do hike his ins) by shopping around for a different ins co. (cuz chances are they'd only hike it 600 or so a year /3 years, and switching companies could prolly save him nearly that much)

best of luck

^ werd -- (and sorry to hear the bad luck), but Kap's right. it's not pretty either way, (and i'm sure dad's not thrilled with the prospect of his insurance getting jacked), but (short of a miraculous parts search here) the math says claim it. plus, he can most likely recoup some of the wallet trauma (if they do hike his ins) by shopping around for a different ins co. (cuz chances are they'd only hike it 600 or so a year /3 years, and switching companies could prolly save him nearly that much)

best of luck

Thanks for your input. I see where you're coming from, but thing is we're with NJM already, and they have some of the lowest rates, is there any other company lower that you or anybody knows of? Hypothetically speaking, so if the rates do go up, you're saying that they'll add $600 a year for 3 years?

Yes indeed, considering NJ is the highest for auto insurance.

Just a thought if I was to go through insurance, is there anyway I can get a CF hood, JDM front bumper, and JDM grill through them? hehe..

but thanx for everybody's input so far. i'm also going to need other small parts, anybody know of any subaru employees that can get parts for cost or near that?

So your Dad wants a CF hood, JDM front bumper and JDM grill? Sounds more like your car, not your dads.

- The Mortgage Man

Thanks for your input. I see where you're coming from, but thing is we're with NJM already, and they have some of the lowest rates, is there any other company lower that you or anybody knows of? Hypothetically speaking, so if the rates do go up, you're saying that they'll add $600 a year for 3 years?

<<no expert,

but from stories i've heard over the years, that's a pretty decent estimate of the jack to expect for an accident with a claim or 1-too-many pts. tickets, etc.

of course it would come down to the company's criteria for determining what rate it'll charge. i'm just saying it might be worth it later to shop around if his ins. is going to jack him for the claim.

Archived