LegacyGT.com

H-techs....lower on the left than the right??

Omen

Hey my H-techs have been installed for about a month now and I was looking at the car and it seems to be lower on the driver's side. I parked in many different places to check this and make sure I was not on a slant. On my driver's side (front) I can barely fit three fingers between and on the passanger side (front) I can fit 3 fingers easily. So we are talking about a slight difference but it is noticeble.

Any ideas why this would be? It is the case in the back as well but less of a difference. I'm completely confused on this but I'm kind of pissed. Has this been experienced by anyone else? THanks.

Mic

you sit on the driver side.. it's settled in more on your side of the car (also your shocks have stiction as well, so it's actually taking a long time for the shock to retain to similar height as the right side).. you should sit on the passenger side to get that other side settled in.
Keefe

you sit on the driver side.. it's settled in more on your side of the car (also your shocks have stiction as well, so it's actually taking a long time for the shock to retain to similar height as the right side).. you should sit on the passenger side to get that other side settled in.

Shocks dont hold the car up.

The springs are probably just made that way. Seems to be a common thing to have one side about .25-.5" lower than the other with these h-techs.

Springs dont settle as much as people like to think they do.

^work on a Porsche and a few other cars and corner balance a few of them, then tell me if your suspension and corner weights are looking "correct"

I've corner balanced a few cars and have never had this issue. Disconnect your sway bars, roll the car back and forth and you're done settling. The shocks are not going to hold it up. The tires sticking laterally will mess up the corner balancing unless you have them on plates.

What is being referred to here in this thread is completely different. Shocks will not hold it up any higher. Why don't we send an email to Lee Grimes at Koni and ask him if "stiction" is even a word used in the damper world.

Warren

Okay update. I went back Big Brand and got new tires and I had them also check the springs to make sure they were seated correctly. Well they were not but now they are and the ride height on left and right is equal!!:icon_bigg

lol, stiction? Is that even a word? And how pray tell would the shock even raise the height anyway?

I couldnt think of the actual technical word at the time as it escaped my mind :lol: And "raise" is not the right word to use to describe what the shocks are actually doing when it's "pushing/resisting" compression.

what I refering to is that when you raise the car off the ground, the shocks will relax (rebound), but as the car gets lowered, the shock and spring will resist compression, causing the car to sit high a bit, so even with rolling around during corner balancing may not be able to get the shocks to compress (even if the sways are disconnected), you need some actual compression by possible driving the car around and loading up the corners some to get the shocks to compress.

Bound/Rebound characterics is a very cool thing to watch, especially when the car is catching some air.

Keefe

I couldnt think of the actual technical word at the time as it escaped my mind :lol: And "raise" is not the right word to use to describe what the shocks are actually doing when it's "pushing/resisting" compression.

Yea.. but Keefe, that isnt going to make a 0.5" height difference.

Glad Omen found out it was an improperly mounted spring... that's pretty crazy :)

As far as stiction goes.. I need a BBK so I can have more brake stiction!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Okay update. I went back Big Brand and got new tires and I had them also check the springs to make sure they were seated correctly. Well they were not but now they are and the ride height on left and right is equal!!:icon_bigg

too slow to post i was going to suggest that ..

my top hats tend to have a mind of their own .. i suspect that its due to the springs not being super tight at full strut extension .. with the wheels off the groudn you can rotate the top hats and spring quite easly (with h-techs anyway)

Archived