LegacyGT.com

Grimmspeed BCS on stock turbo??

LouzGT

Just wanted to get some opinions for me getting a grimmspeed bcs on my stock turbo have my protune in two weeks is it worth it? Would I see any advantages over the stock 2-port on my stock turbo? Would it just hold boost longer to redline? Any info would help thanks.

I run the GS BCS and like it a lot. It (or any 3-port for that matter) allows more fine control of boost tuning and slightly quicker boost response in some situations.

OP, I would not get it if I were you. There is very, very little advantage in a stock turbo car and what advantage there is does nothing to make more power or hold more boost to redline. You are limited by the capacity of the turbo itself. It will run more boost if you want it to (with either stock BS or the GS unit) but there comes a point when you leave the efficiency island of the turbo and make more heat and less power. Your dyno plot will look the same either way. On the street you'll notice a slightly quicker response (assuming your tuner sets it up right) but the stock turbo already spools quickly. Save your money.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived