LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ABP 4th Gen with aftermarket exhaust heading north on Warrensville at around 12 noon yesterday, Thursday, 11/5. PA plates.

Anyone?

I was filling up at the gas station on the corner of Rockside and Warrensville when I saw you. Just coming home from test-driving the '16 Outback and Forester in anticipation of the '13 Tribeca going off-lease at the end of the month.

Couldn't catch up with you, but I saw you turn right into the Powersports building across from the horse track.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

It sure felt strange putting the ski racks on our GT yesterday so I could haul the winter cover frame down to the boat wearing a t-shirt and shorts. First day I wasn't out riding my bike this week!

john

University Heights

^ Feels like summer!

Standing around outside while letting the dog out, for a moment my brain glitched and I thought it was spring. :lol:

----

Meh, east side. Probably stolen.

west siiiddeeee 4 lyf :lol:

^ :lol::lol::lol: I forgot - you guys are now crime-free after they made all those west-side busts! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 1 month later...
2016 legacy 2.5 premium owner. I live in Cleveland (east sider) and purchased from Ganley Subaru of Bedford. Lovin' this forum so far! Any suggestions for a first time subi owner?? Edited by 216legacy
update information

Spotted a blue 4gen N/A as a Drivers Ed car outside the Golden Gate BMV the other day.

Spotted again in the wild. Seems to be my only 4 gen action, is there any 4 gens left on the road?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/5456BE27-960C-419A-AF14-54810CACB88F_zpsa2yu095h.jpg~original

2016 legacy 2.5 premium owner. I live in Cleveland (east sider) and purchased from Ganley Subaru of Bedford. Lovin' this forum so far! Any suggestions for a first time subi owner??

Check your oil level when you get gas. What cool tech and what color did you get? I miss that dealership, the F4's discount was there IIRC when it was around. I'm always out that way @ Tim Lally as my DD is always broke. Lost the power steering the other day, adventure time literally.

Check your oil level when you get gas. What cool tech and what color did you get? I miss that dealership, the F4's discount was there IIRC when it was around. I'm always out that way @ Tim Lally as my DD is always broke. Lost the power steering the other day, adventure time literally.

Oil...will do. I've been reading the forum and noticed a subi will go through oil quickly.

Crystal white pearl, popular package #3. Heated seats, mirrors, trunk tray, and mud flaps. No mods yet but I did pick the front and rear Husky Weatherbeater mats...best purchase so far.

I plan to start modding when spring hits. Next up will be windows tint and to plasti dip the front grill black. I was thinking about painting the roof black but I wanted to see on another white 6 gen first; so far I couldn't find anything on the forum or google. I think a white car with black room can look real boss if done right and this gen has pretty clean lines that would make it look good.

^ :(

-----

Spotted again in the wild. Seems to be my only 4 gen action, is there any 4 gens left on the road?

I still see a number of BL/BPs here on the near east side. Very few turbos, though.

RE: Ganley Subaru of Bedford -

I miss that dealership, the F4's discount was there IIRC when it was around. I'm always out that way @ Tim Lally as my DD is always broke. Lost the power steering the other day, adventure time literally.

F4s discount! Now THAT's old-school! :wub:

2016 legacy 2.5 premium owner. I live in Cleveland (east sider) and purchased from Ganley Subaru of Bedford. Lovin' this forum so far! Any suggestions for a first time subi owner??

^ My '16 Outback 2.5i Limited just came from there, too. Got her right before Thanksgiving when my '13 Tribeca went off-lease.

She's our 6th Subaru from them. We go back with them all the way to when they were Ellacott/Shaker Subaru.

Who's your salesman?

We've had Dennis Marsh now for 4 cars. :) My 2.5GT and my wife's WRX pre-dated him, but he's been our go-to ever since. Wifey will be picking up either a '16 FXT or WRX from him his February, and her father's '15 2.5i Limited came from him as well, although via Shaker Auto Lease.

They've always taken great care of us. Their old Service Manager wanted to warranty my clutch at 30K despite the fact that I asked him to put in an aftermarket and obviously hadn't taken it easy on the OE. :lol: (And no, I didn't let him do it. I believe firmly in "pay to play.") They also saw us through the '09 FXT "Stop Sale" debacle:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/09-turbo-engine-failure-62103/

I hope you have a great experience with them, too! :)

Still here. Gt is doing fine. My wife was heading over around Mayfield and Richmond to shop this afternoon.

Did she stop at get go Mayfield and South Belvoir. last few times I spotted a 4 gen turbo was Eton plaza around summer time.

We often get gas at the Mayfield/S Belvoir Get/Go. I'd have to look in the log book in the car to see if she got gas the day you are asking about, but she has been keeping full lately. The GT is currently parked at the S. Euclid library on Green.

I haven't been back to Ganley for service in years. They refused to do a warranty repair. That was unacceptable.

john

Anyone have a good recommendation for a reputable indy shop near (within 50-100 miles) of Youngstown, OH?

A good friend of mine was driving from Detroit to Pittsburgh for the holidays and his car (2005 92-X) broke down along the way. The (non-subaru) shop it was towed to is telling him there is no compression in cylinders 1 and 3 and wants $5,000 for a new engine...

Any ideas where he could get it towed that would be a little more Saabaru friendly?

Edited by dishwab

What is his insurance tow radius for in and out of town? If on FB, NEOSOC is the locals in this part of town MWSOC for NASIOC. If you say a prayer, LERSOC may be helpful. The guy I got Legacy parts from doesn't even come here often, I'll try him in the AM.

He have any prior issues like blown turbo or heavy oil consumption?

What is his insurance tow radius for in and out of town? If on FB, NEOSOC is the locals in this part of town MWSOC for NASIOC. If you say a prayer, LERSOC may be helpful. The guy I got Legacy parts from doesn't even come here often, I'll try him in the AM.

He have any prior issues like blown turbo or heavy oil consumption?

Thanks for the reply.

I believe he has up to 100 miles free towing then it's on his dime after that. It's actually the 92-X Linear so its NA, no turbo involved.

It's looking like he found a shop in Pittsburgh and is getting it towed there. Probably for the best as he has family there who can help take care of things as he has to be back in Detroit for work

We often get gas at the Mayfield/S Belvoir Get/Go. I'd have to look in the log book in the car to see if she got gas the day you are asking about, but she has been keeping full lately. The GT is currently parked at the S. Euclid library on Green.

I've gotta keep on the lookout! :)

I haven't been back to Ganley for service in years. They refused to do a warranty repair. That was unacceptable.

john

Ugh... That's not right. When/who was this? :(

• 2 weeks later...

Guess it was around fall 2008 at the Bedford store.

I had taken the car in for a few things. Forgot to mention a defect in the door panel. I remembered it in their shuttle on the way home and called the service desk. The fellow said he'd add it to the work order, but didn't.

They picked me up to get the car, but the dealership was closed when we got to the lot. I showed it to the shuttle driver and explained I had called, but it wasn't added it to the work order. He said they'd take care of it. We left on vacation the next day and the 3 year warranty period expired while we were away.

When I returned, the fellow at the service desk told me there was nothing he could do since the warranty had expired. I asked to speak with Mr. Ganley. He told me I couldn't. I asked why not and his response was that he didn't know Mr. Ganley.

I figured they were telling me they no longer wanted my business.

john

^ Ugh. That's really not right. :mad::(

You shoulda posted-up, bruddah. The Subaru community would have gotten your back, for-sure (witness what happened with rdigital and Adventure Subaru not to long ago).

^ Ugh. That's really not right. :mad::(

You shoulda posted-up, bruddah. The Subaru community would have gotten your back, for-sure (witness what happened with rdigital and Adventure Subaru not to long ago).

SoA would have loved to hear about that. Reason I say the best dealer I been to was Cherry Hill, NJ. I spent hours playing Crusin world arcade for free waiting on the new ECU to make it there.

Adventure lost my business from that. Could care less if they had the parts I needed for this build for dirt cheap since Fred Beans is no more online.

Hey fellas. Anyone able to preview an Outback I'm considering purchasing near Girard OH? I'm +2hrs away and I'd rather not drive and be disappointed since its got a lot of miles.

It's at a small dealer, BNM auto something. If I drive out and buy it, lunch is on me!