LegacyGT.com

Manual Passanger Airbag disable?

Acil

I really like the function that allows the car to automatically detect if there is enough weight in the front seat to enable the airbag, but that doesn't mean they should remove the manual disable feature!

I have a friend who had surgery for spinal meningitis which involved screwing a titanium plate to her skull and spine. Her doctor explicitly forbid her from riding in a car with airbags that cannot be disabled as any injury to her head/neck from an airbag would seriously hurt her. Now, whenever she rides in my car, she has to sit in the back because I have no way of disabling the front air bag!!!

Does anyone know of a way to turn this off/on without tearing the airbag system apart?

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

Only thing I could suggest is to unplug the sensor from the chair or have them sit in the center of the back seat. But that does not affect the side impact airbags, I'm sure they still will go off. Maybe just have them sit in the center of the backseat?

You will be better off having him/her sit in the back...

They usually let you disable the passenger air bag on trucks where you might be carrying some boxes on the front seat, not common for cars AFAIK....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived