LegacyGT.com

Need help with P0107 Code

I have 98 Legacy GT. Check engine light came on about 2 months ago after going thru car wash. Had the code read because car missed and idles bad and it was a P0107 for MAP sensor. Replaced sensor and car ran well for 2 weeks then the problem came back. Had a 2nd sensor put on and next morning the check engine is on again. Im also getting a throttle position sensor code a while after I drive it while it misses and idles crazy. Mechanic says it will possibly throw that code since it does miss when driving. Ive changed all vacuum lines on the sensor also. Any ideas would be great. Im at a loss to what it may be now.

Thanks.

Has the throttle body ever been messed with or taken apart? I know there is a certain position the throttle position sensor needs to be placed at to run a certain amount of resistance. If that resistance is off the car will run kinda crazy and throw CEL. You can check this by accessing the shop manual for the car which can be downloaded online and prob on this forum as well.

Throttle body never messed with. Had code read again yesterday and only had P0107 MAP code. Unplugged the MAP sensor and it still has a miss but not as bad as when hooked up. Going to try another sensor today and see if that helps. If not, guess ill have to start checking wires.

As an FYI most codes point to a problem with a specific system and not a specific part. If you've replaced the sensor and the problem persists it's likely some other part of the system, or other components which affect the system, are at fault. Doubly so if the problem persists after having replaced the sensor twice.

Archived