LegacyGT.com

p 0420

MIKESLEGACY

car is showing the p0420 code. :mad: my mechanic says the o2 sensors are doing what they are supposed to be. said that replacing the cats is the best choice. :eek: however he says that may not make the code disappear or give me my cruise control back. Is it best to take my car to Subaru, or do i let him get on with it. I do trust him and his abilities.:)

I'm in the same boat...er, car! Dealer is ready to replace the cat of course. Have heard changing the O2 sensor could clear it up, but a mechanic today assured me its a waste of time and money. On the other hand, have heard the cats are designed to run the life of the car and the O2 makes sense. I honestly don't know, but have decided to replace my exhaust with a Cobb turbo back system and get a tune. Work gets done this week. Will see what happens. Sorry I couldn't provide any better help, but opinions are abundant on both sides.

I am certainly hopeful that my fortune changed today. On my way in this morning I topped off my 1/2 full tank with premium. Took it to my mechanic to loo\k at a little leak, got it back, and no cel!!! Cruise control is back. Drove it all the way home and then some(about 40 miles). Hope it stays away. I am also lucky enough to have a California emissions Legacy.:lol:

Archived