LegacyGT.com

Heat Shield

Just picked up a 05 Legacy GT wagon, and it does not have a heat shield, I test drove another one that did not have either.

Did they come with them, Or should I just pick one up?

They came with them. Heat shields can be kind of a PITA to put back on, so a lot of the time it's a sign that the DP/turbo was replaced by someone who is not a professional mechanic. It's not always a bad thing, but just something to be aware of.

I would definitely go pick up one though and install it. Without the heat shield it is going to affect your cold air intake because its not blocking as much heat so the intake pipe is getting warm making the air in the intake warm. So without that heat shield your defeating the purpose of your cold air intake.

lol at thinking that a stock heat shield is going to affect a cold air intake

Maybe a little but its mostly there for the TMIC. And paint above. Now if you are like me with an spt intake then ya it gets hot as hell

—Pirated Tapatalk app

Anything is better than nothing. You'd be better off picking up a turbo blanket for heat shielding. Right now, I have 2-3 layers of DEI thermal wrap sitting on top of the turbo, then a blanket on top of that. I'm throwing around the idea of getting a heat shield in addition.

Anything is better than nothing. You'd be better off picking up a turbo blanket for heat shielding. Right now, I have 2-3 layers of DEI thermal wrap sitting on top of the turbo, then a blanket on top of that. I'm throwing around the idea of getting a heat shield in addition.

You don't think that holds too much heat in the turbo and never letting it really cool down. It sounds like your setup lets very little air to hit it.

haven't been on all day, I look under the hood when I got home and it looks like to me, that the turbo looks new, maybe it was changed I will try to post some picture. also i dont see the bracket where it would attach. let me know what you guys think!

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5018/002ccc.jpg' alt='002ccc.jpg'>

I have the brackets too, but you have to undo a couple bolts on the downpipe to install the brackets. Not a big deal really. Pm me if you want and we can work something out!

Hey can you post up a pic of those heat shields. Thanks.

• I Donated Too
My car did not have one, and the stealership didn't even say anything about it when I just had the turbo replaced. =/

fixed.

PM the Bartender. He's good people

• Moderators
Update: I only had one heatshield, must have sent the other one to the scrapyard on accident. BX77 has claimed the heatshield and one of the brackets. One more bracket if anyone needs it, but no heatshield to go with it.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived