LegacyGT.com

Miller Motorsports Park

Dean

This may be old news but I've just been reading about the new track that Larry Miller is building. I can not wait to go see it and try it out. I am not an autoxer by any means but I would love to take the LGT to this track and really see what it can do. It's only 45 minutes or so from Salt Lake City.

It looks like it is going to be a very nice facility you can check it out at http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/ Any other Utahns excited to see this place?

We should maybe put together a trip out there in the spring

the local track in the Denver area closed on November 6th....so this new track in Utah has gotten a lot of attention from local enthusiast clubs. I think on their site, they have a 3D virtual drive around of the track...it is pretty cool. I have not been to their site for quite some time, but the track is VERY promising. Should be great for some big ticket motorsport events

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper244/stills/yn21xg29.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/ron_james/iblog/C981244428/E309680641/Media/track.jpg

Yeah, but the sucky thing is that the track fees are out of this world. I'm sure they priced it high just to keep every ricer with a muffler off the track, but when are they going to realize that not all racing enthusiasts drive Porsches? It is going to keep everybody except the wealthy off the track. I went to their big announcement thing a couple months ago and was pretty turned off by how much they were going to be charging. I've got the price list somewhere....

Ah...found it. The pricing sucks. $2250 for 10 days or $3150 for 16 days. That is no fun. Even the Nurburgring is cheaper than that. I have a friend who was there this summer and he said it was like 60 Euro for 5 laps. That's only like 70 bucks. Why this place can't charge like that is beyond me. It's not like Larry needs more money. He already owns more of the valley than he needs to.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Ya the pricing is very high :icon_frow ...Although I could scrape together some money for one of the open track days. $100 for two hours of track time or $175 for a half day would be a possibility but the pricing will definitly prevent most from going on any kind of regular basis. Membership prices are out of my budget for sure though.

Your right that Larry doesn't need the money.. it would be shorter to list what he doesn't own in utah than everything he does :icon_bigg

I wonder if this is higher than other international tracks simply because of all the insurance that I'm sure Larry has to carry on this place. At Nurburgring you are on your own for insurance. If you slide off the track then you get to pay for it. If you need a tow then you get to pay big for it. If you rub somebody then it is all on you. I'm sure the liabilty laws are different outside the country. Still.... I'll bet a disclaimer could save Larry and the people who want to race on it a grip of cash.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived