LegacyGT.com

How far/long have you travelled in your lgt?

I bought the 06 I had in the Chicago area and drove it back to Des Moines, IA. I also had a round trip to Chicago and back to Des Moines. The car drove well enough and I got maybe 24mpg or so. That was almost 700 miles of total driving in one day. :eek:

• Moderators
Towed a uhaul trailer from Miami, FL to Bothel, WA. Basically a straight shot to LA then up the PCH. It was an awesome trip!

Sick drive right there.

I bought mine in Ann arbor, MI and drove it back to Virginia. Does the flight there count towards mileage? :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Yea. Around that. Ended up taking our time, so about 14 days. It was the wife and I plus two toddlers and a cat. :lol:

Did you "blue tape" your car up? I am always paranoid about traveling such long distance. There are always so many things that could chip the paint of the car. :mad:

Drove my 08 LGT from San Antonio TX to Omaha NE straight thru (just under 1000 miles) the day I bought it to get it home.

Drove it from Omaha to San Antonio and then back to Omaha about a month later to attend a week long class for work.

Never had any problems and got around 31 mpg on the trips.

Back in 07 I had to go down to DC for a few days. I meandered down with no planned route, just spending the day driving.

On the way back I was driving for time. I stopped in MD for gas at the start of the trip, got gas & lunch on the Jersey Turnpike, did a lot of sitting around on 95 in NYC and then had one more stop on the Mass Pike for gas and a coke.

Total time was 7:45 and sustained speed was just under 71 mph. That was one hell of a day and yes, the car did beautifully.

Last year our holiday was a trip from Vancouver BC to Phoenix AZ via Wash., Oregon, California Coast route then through Palm Springs and home through Vegas and up I-5 and home.....total just over 8000 km....car ran like a dream and got approx 28 mpg on the highway sections... a bit less touring around Phoenix. Awesome drive :) Wife and golf clubs came along for the trip;)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/RM-RS/-17.jpg

Every year I drive from Seattle to a random location in California for Subiefest. Mojave desert twice in a row once. Then possibly hop over to Vegas for, ah, lunch, then occasionally up through Salt Lake City for different return trip scenery.

This year, debating if I have the free time to drive to the Wicked Big Meet on the East Coast in the Outback. Probably should change the timing belt first since I'm just about to touch the 200k mark...

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

Couple of years ago we drove from Amarillo, Texas to Estes Park, Colorado and back. Round trip of almost 1,500 miles.

Beautiful drive. Started out at 3,500 feet and ended up at 12,000+ (Rocky Mountain National Park) and never a hick up from my car. Handled great on all kinds of roads and got 25+ miles per gallon average for the entire trip.

But after 7 days in the car, my butt hurt.

Looking at making almost the same trip this summer.

617294985_Coloradotripmap.thumb.jpg.11c475b11b248973a3b13cf7f28e5cc0.jpg

short drive compared to you nuts.

bought the car in raleigh, nc and drove it back to rochester, ny. broke the trip in the DC area.

car ran great, and was much more comfy than my 02 wrx.

No drive to Rochester NY is short. No drive involving upstate at all is short.

Currently on the other side of the pond with my OBXT. Drove from Norway to France two months ago. Did 2500 miles pulling a 2500 lbs trailer. Half of that was done on icy/snowy roads with studded tires; the rest on summer (starting in Denmark). Was supposed to do the trip in about a week but the timing belt tensioner failed on us in Sweden. So got stuck in a hotel and eventually fixed it myself with wifey. Twas an adventure I am telling ya!

P.S: driving on the autobahn was a nightmare since I was pulling a trailer and was stuck driving at 55 mph...:mad:

crazytrip.PNG.2731032481b8ad38d0a2539a8fbf2e07.PNG

Not my current car, but I moved from Wisconsin to California and back again in 2006 when I had my 2000 LGT. So it made its way from Milwaukee to San Francisco and back during that year (somewhere around 4,725 miles all together).

Well I live near Rochester, NY and bought the car from East Aurora, NY last week and then this Thursday taking her to Boston for 4 day weekend trip basically.. we will see how she fares in the car.. I have a bad back (sciatic) and interested to see how comfy or uncomfy the ride shall be. But the ride is great and smooth so let's see ;)

I'm from Montreal, but from Nov to Feb this winter I went to Calgary to try another job within the same company.

4 Days to get there, 3777km nice number :)

When it was time to get back, with the snow storms in the Prairies up there (Whiteout!), as soon as I saw a couple days without snow I jumped in the car! Got back home in 3 days, about 15 hours/1200+km of driving a day, days and a half in 90km/h Max zones :mad:

Both drives on my own, no co-pilot. First time I drove further than VA from Montreal Area, it was a cool experience!

No issues at all on the car that was nice!

I just put 1200 miles on it last week driving the car from Orlando, FL to San Antonio.. had zero problems whatsoever. Until I hit Louisiana. That state, and coilovers, DO NOT get along.

Orlando fl to jersey city nj...just under 1300 miles...16 hours. No problems whatsoever at 135k. Probably pushed 28-30 mpg.

Wished I had seen you guys in Fl. There's like no lgts here.

bought the car from LGTbiggie on Saturday (end of January last year), got in the car at 11am in Maryland, drove the Lee Highway through Virginia, stopped at the Bull Run battlefield site (did a report on it in 5th grade :cool: ) made it to the Southeast side of Nashville by 11pm, got up drove interstate to Memphis, drove around Memphis, then across the Mississippi, went to buy gas in Arkansas, but the first 2 stations only had 91, thought all the stations in Arkansas only had 91, so I turned around, went back over the Mississippi, got gas at the most wretched gas station ever, 1 guy was being arrested, a drug deal was going on 2 pumps over, a prostitute was getting into a car at the back of the station, and the ice machine was broken, at least 93 octane was 3.49$/gallon. Then onto Greenbrier, all backroads. Monday morning, Greenbrier Arkansas, to Leander Texas (mostly backroads, Arkansas is quite beautiful). Next day Leander(just north of Austin) to San Antonio (mostly backroads again). Wednesday was San Antonio, to El Paso, longest day in the saddle, took Hwy90, amazing drive, also where I did a top speed run (empty road, nothing but cactus and tumbleweeds to run into, radar detector turned up), a stage 2 car will hit 150mph, after 130 it is a slow crawl, but it will get there. Thursday was El Paso to Phoenix, went by Radium Springs, New Mexico to mail some post cards, also took mostly byways, finally got to roll down the windows without the heat blasting and the seat heater all the way up. Last day Friday morning I set out for home from Phoenix, Taking 40 west, just to start the day. Break away from 40 to head north through Joshua tree National Park, cruising the park, go to shift into 5th and the "whzzzz" of 5th breaking, still 700 miles from home. I took all byways and stayed under 70, what a day. By the time I got home I only had 1st, 3rd and 4th. A fun road trip, but would have preferred to keep the tranny running a bit longer. 3800miles and 52 hours.

Archived