LegacyGT.com

Unresponsive sales manager?

meatwad

This is a bit odd, but I found a Legacy LGTW in Silver w/5spd (and that was a bit of a chore in itself) in Ohio. I called the dealership on Thurs and got an enthusiastic sales manager who seemed very willing to sell in the ~27000 range. The trouble is, after our second phone conversation, he hasn't called back or responded to email. If this wasn't the only place that I know of that had the exact car I want I would already be looking elsewhere. I would think that they were selling the car to someone else if there weren't 2 of them. Could it be the nature of a vacation weekend? Am I just being too anxious?

Sorry, just venting...

to someone who paid more ;)

That's the price you pay.... (no pun intended)

And I would think that, but there are 2!

It basically would mean that 2 people walked into that dealership on Thursday and bought 2 5-spd wagons that have been sitting there for at least a month if not alot longer...

He might have sold it, but then again, he might be as flakey as one of the sales managers I had who didn't know his inventory very well. Send another email saying you are going to look somewhere else if he doesn't respond. That'll wake him up.

Which dealership? If they're local, I'll drive out for ya for a quick look-see. :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Which dealership? If they're local, I'll drive out for ya for a quick look-see. :)

-A

Wow. That's service :)

Ellacott Shaker in Warrensville Heights. Now I have never been to Cleveland so I have no idea where that actually is in relation to everything.

Interestingly enough, upon checking the inventory this morning, they have sold the Black LGT wagon that they had, but still list the 2 Silver Wagons.

I am giving them until noon to call me, then I am calling them back...this is ridiculous.

That's RIGHT BY WHERE I LIVE !!!!!! :)

It's an East-side suburb, adjacent to my township, which is Shaker Heights. They like to bill "Shaker" as it's considered more upscale than Warr:rolleyes: ensville.

I'll drive out this afternoon. The wife and I just leased -2- Scoobys from them (my LGT and her WRX) in May, I'll get on their case for you.

-A

PS: Please PM me your name and the name of your salesman.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

You have PM :)

Thanks for the help - its reasons like this that I feel like LegacyGT is one of the best online communities around. :D

Other than this lack of long-distance communication, is Ellacott Shaker a good dealership?

You've got returning PM. :)

I haven't yet ued their Service Dept., but their Subaru Parts/Service Manager seemed a decently nice guy. A part of our deal for the wifey's WRX was that it came with the All-Season floormats, and they were out at the time - when they came in, I was in the dealership looking over my then-pending LGT, and the Service Manager actually remembered me (by name, no less!) and chased me down. That was pretty good. :D

I do see a number of aftermarket hopped-up WRXes in their shop, though, and that leads me to believe that they're either somewhat mod-friendly or at least are willing to work on modded cars without too much prejudice. Can-NOT- confirm on the former, though.

The dealership is fair-sized, with good inventory, but is not large nor fancy. It's one of the older dealerships in the area, I gather. A co-worker/friend of mine was the one who introduced me to the dealership, and she seems to love their overall sales/service performance (caveat is that she's not a performance-car enthusiast, although she -is- a Scooby-lover). They were very responsive to my wife's shopping style when it came to the car ("no-push" salesman, offered many test-drives [i *really* wrung-out a 5-speed WRX]), which was the primary reason for our doing business there. It's an "old-style" dealership, with older-style bargaining/bartering/haggling policies, but they're pretty adaptable.

We went in with Cars.com quotes as well as were armed with the fact that my wife's uncle used to be next-door neighbors with their GM, Michael Friedman, and also that my co-worker's friend in SOA (upper-level management, and a real car-guy to-boot!) said that the numbers looked good. :)

-A

Archived