LegacyGT.com

Support of HCA HVAC/Radio Adapter - Bad Experience

ATB

Has anyone else needed to send their adapter back to HCA? I did and have had a very bad experience.

I purchased my adapter back in 2007 (before the group buy I think) and soon after it was installed, the climate display stopped working. Not until this summer did I get around to having my audio installer pull it so I could send it back. I called HCA to verify they were still in business and supporting the adapters. I was told they were, so I sent it back via FedEx.

Long story short, I had to call them to verify it was received and then never another word. Months passed so I called again and was told that they had shipped it back via USPS months previously and were surprised I had never received it. To make matters worse, the employee responsible for shipping had left the company and HCA could not find the USPS tracking info. I got a call back a day later that they were still investigating and would call back again. Nothing since.

Holy cow..who ships $1k of custom electronics via USPS and doesn't even let the person they are shipping it to know to be on the lookout for a package? I just got an update from HCA - they said if it can't be located then they will source and build me a new one. Fingers crossed

No problems so far with my HCA double DIN unit. Sorry to hear that you had problems with yours. If they don't locate the unit, then maybe consider just going with the JDM replacement double DIN unit. It would at least have better mounting brackets / holes for an aftermarket headunit & Subie OE pocket instead of being modified. It's a real pain to have to come up w/ a mounting solution & correctly positioned holes for the pocket if you have a setup like mine (aftermarket headunit on top & Subie pocket on bottom). Good luck & hope it works out for you!

• 3 months later...

To anyone that has one of these units, HCA is now out of business. They had committed to building me a new unit before closing and the prev owner has promised to still do so once he re-opens a home audio shop. We shall see.

But for the time being, the "lifetime warranty" these units came with seems to be for the life of HCA, not the life of your car.

Archived