LegacyGT.com

Horns aplenty

Weasel

I installed this Ultra-Compact-139dB-air-horn along with a pair of vintage horns from an early model Buick Roadmaster. Only the grille needs to be removed to install and the bumper and stock horns are not touched. To remove the grille, remove the 2-10mm bolts and 2 plastic rivets from each side of the grille and then push in on the bottom of the grille to release the 2 hooks; see picture. I installed an external relay cause I wanted to use a heavier gauge wire for a 3 horns. I removed the stock horn relay and tapped into the slot that normally receives (-) ground from the horn button. There is no drilling involved in this sport. I used an existing hole in the center support for the air horn and each Buick horn gets mounted using existing bolts on each side. Now get out of my way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ultra-Compact-139dB-air-horns_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38655QQitemZ8002978704QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I would like to get these people's attention to alert them of an impending danger. Me

1. Hard hearing grandma or grandpa

2. Soccer mom with kids screaming and dvd cranked.

3. Mr or MS professional fiddling with the NAV in their well insulated Luxo cars.

4. Newly licensed teenies with the obligatory cell phone (applies to all above)

5. The bass crowd. (careful with this group)

6. Unique tone identifies my whip when the alarm goes off.

Feel free to participate

I did a horn this weekend too. hi/low two trumpet air horn. I used the same mounting point behind the grill for the two trumpets (made a nice bracket). put the compressor right next to the stock horns and used the juice from one stock horn (had to up the fuse to 20amp). So now i have two trumpets and one stock horn. Some guy started drifting into my lane this mornig i hit the horn and he nearly swevered off the road THATS WHY I SPENT THE TIME THIS WEEKEND!!

I was pretty embarassed too with my single horn in my '97 (for some reason I was missing the second), so I put the Supertones in a not so conspicuous place and boy do I love them.

Oh and...

8. Being able to strip the paint off of the trunk when you honk at the person infront of you :rolleyes:

DSC00735.jpg.ad1bee5486adf92b4667a5b7e5de5b6d.jpg

DSC00737.jpg.64f41d3960f2b71918adff0d45840e07.jpg

DSC00736.jpg.5177a1162504ad12fe4ad8877434ef35.jpg

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived