what car should I buy next?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. what car should I buy next?

• 08 subaru sti
    • 08 evo x mr
    • just keep the old car for good
    • get the new spec b in swp at the dealer
    • none of the above

well I'm thinking about getting rid of my 05 gt. it has been kind of in the works for a while now. I finally realized that I really cant put to much more into it as far as mods are concerned, without losing my ass if I trade it in on something new. Or, try selling it too anyone else, but some punk, street racer because it's to fast for any one else. i have kind of narrowed it down to a new sti or evo x mr, but there are a ton of choices out there in that price range. any suggestions are appreciated, as I have faith that you guys and girls well help steer me in the right direction.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

i know, part of me wants to keep it for those very reasons, but I also been wanting to get something new for a very long time now. part of the problem is that i also want something faster and with a manual instead of a automatic. i am willing to make an exception for the evo mr though.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

the dark side being the evo? yeah i have to admit that I've been, for some reason, attracted to this new evo. problem is, i would want the mr for all the extra goodies that the gsr doesn't have except for the auto-manual. i'd really like to have a good'ol six speed!

Guest heightsgtltd
I have to say, if I were looking again right now I'd seriously consider the Evo X. This version is way nicer, quieter, etc. than the last or even the current Sti

that's kind of what i was thinking. i would also really like to get BMW 3 series, but they get into the $40+ thousand category really fast with any options, which sadly is a little too pricey for me right now.

i would keep the car but if you sale it get the 08 evo mr..but the evo is only 291hp and 300 lbs stock so its slow next to your stage 2 legacy now and it a bigger car too Weights 3608 lbs ..but has a good aftermarket parts to make it faster..check out the link http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0806_2008_mitsubishi_lancer_evo_mr_test/index.html

i know, part of me wants to keep it for those very reasons, but I also been wanting to get something new for a very long time now. part of the problem is that i also want something faster and with a manual instead of a automatic. i am willing to make an exception for the evo mr though.

How very long could you possibly have been wanting something new? What's it been, 3 or 4 years since you got the 05? Don't buy a new car just to get something new/different.

Keep it, wait a couple/few more years and get something truly nicer, not just an alternative that is 90% the same, just a different brand.

Gorgeous.

i still might try to find one. it sounds stupid considering the economy right now, but i keep thinking that i want something new. I'm tired of fixing other peoples f-ups that they don't want to fix before selling it. plus i like that new car smell you don't get in something that someone else let their kids barf in :rolleyes:.

i still might try to find one. it sounds stupid considering the economy right now, but i keep thinking that i want something new. I'm tired of fixing other peoples f-ups that they don't want to fix before selling it. plus i like that new car smell you don't get in something that someone else let their kids barf in :rolleyes:.

Understand totally. If your job is secure then I'm sure there are deals to be had.

Good luck.

i kind of like the new, goofy looking hatch better for some reason. i started off hating it in pictures, but once i saw it real life it sort of grew on me. plus the 09 is going to have satin white pearl as a color, instead of plain white. i was kind of wondering why all the other colors had some kind of pearl or metallic to it, but not the white.

Archived