LegacyGT.com

Surgeline Tuning in SoCal!

mikeyan

Gauging interest in tunes from the boys at Surgeline Tuning

$350 with 2 hours of dyno time at PDT in Burbank. Extra Dyno time is $175/hr

$975 Accessport 2 + Tune deal as well!!!!

All Tuning Programs supported!

Also appearing at other local dynos!

PM me for details!

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few tunes from Surgline:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/michaelyan/Dynoz/MattWooley7cmGreenEWGMeth.jpg

06 WRX TR, FP Green-2.4 inlet, 7cm Exhaust, EWG, Meth

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/michaelyan/Dynoz/Jake20G.jpg

04 FXT, 20G, Greddy 47mm EWG, CA91

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/michaelyan/Dynoz/stockmotor35rc16-1.jpg

STI, 35R, C16, Stock Block!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/michaelyan/Dynoz/jean20g.jpg

STI, 20G, Meth

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/michaelyan/Dynoz/MikeYan-Final91plusmeth-RPM.jpg

Obligatory Self-Promotion, LGT 5EAT, Meth, Blouch Dom3, EWG

Pardon my ignorance but how come that Forester XT "only" made 340 when it was equipped with an external wastegate & what I assume is a TD06-20g. Isn't this turbo very similar to the FP Green?

Perhaps the '04's 2.0 liter displacement has something to do with it?

I had my car tuned yesterday by Tim Bailey from Surgeline, and although its just a basic stage 2 setup I think it did pretty well. These numbers are from the Mustang dyno at Busher Racing in Wakeman, Oh.

I had him dyno a map that my friend (boostsr20) made first, then he tuned from his base map.

http://amykdean.com/albums/Surgeline/AKW_LGT_Dyno_01_1.jpg

Chris Map- 248hp and 297tq

Tim's Map- 260hp and 310tq

These are Tim's 16psi and 18psi maps

http://amykdean.com/albums/Surgeline/AKW_LGT_Dyno_02_1.jpg

16psi - 251hp and 273tq

18psi - 260hp and 310tq

Over all I am really pleased with how it felt on the 4 hour drive home. I did some logging and it looks to be running pretty well, so that makes me :D

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Pardon my ignorance but how come that Forester XT "only" made 340 when it was equipped with an external wastegate & what I assume is a TD06-20g. Isn't this turbo very similar to the FP Green?

Perhaps the '04's 2.0 liter displacement has something to do with it?

04 Forester (and all Forester XT Models) have the 2.5 liter.

Secondly, the TD06-20G is quite a bit smaller than an FP Green as well as not having meth injection. Think 49lb/min versus 44 lb/min and straight Pump. In reality, the 20G with no meth did very well.

The other 20G with meth/iwg/stock TMIC is a very strong running 20G, but that setup can't quite catch up to an FP Green.

Mike

I had my car tuned yesterday by Tim Bailey from Surgeline, and although its just a basic stage 2 setup I think it did pretty well. These numbers are from the Mustang dyno at Busher Racing in Wakeman, Oh.

I had him dyno a map that my friend (boostsr20) made first, then he tuned from his base map.

Chris Map- 248hp and 297tq

Tim's Map- 260hp and 310tq

These are Tim's 16psi and 18psi maps

16psi - 251hp and 273tq

18psi - 260hp and 310tq

Over all I am really pleased with how it felt on the 4 hour drive home. I did some logging and it looks to be running pretty well, so that makes me :D

Very nice... basic stage 2 lgt? What are the specific upgrades (I'm curious).

Tim Bailey is an awesome tuner and an even better guy. Surgeline Tuning is a great collection of tuna's ;)

04 Forester (and all Forester XT Models) have the 2.5 liter.

Secondly, the TD06-20G is quite a bit smaller than an FP Green as well as not having meth injection. Think 49lb/min versus 44 lb/min and straight Pump. In reality, the 20G with no meth did very well.

The other 20G with meth/iwg/stock TMIC is a very strong running 20G, but that setup can't quite catch up to an FP Green.

Mike

+1. Right on the money Mike. A really well tuned 2.5L+20g+EWG+meth will make around 390-400whp. Take away the meth and you lose 50-60whp.

Very nice... basic stage 2 lgt? What are the specific upgrades (I'm curious).

Tim Bailey is an awesome tuner and an even better guy. Surgeline Tuning is a great collection of tuna's ;)

Well its pretty much a maxed out stage 2 really, maybe 2.5 I am not really sure lol. I have a one piece non EL header/up, 3" catless down, xo2 3" cbe and Perrin TMIC.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

BTW, there's no need to wait for Tim to be around for a tune.. John is always around in SoCal..

He just recently tuned my friend's FP Green'd STi w/ meth @ 380whp/400wtq still running on stock TMIC.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Thanks for the explanation Mike & Paul.

I had thought TD06-20g is about the same size as the FP Green but it's actually more in line with SZ49?

yes, an sz49 is similiar in size to an FP green

SurgeLine Tuning is a newly formed, independent company whose focus is engine management and tuning with a special focus on Subaru applications

SurgeLine offers tuning services for:

-Performance enthusiasts

-Aftermarket parts manufacturers

-Amateur and professional motor sports

-Retail performance shops

SurgeLine Tuning’s activities are limited largely to engine management services which include on-site tuning at dyno facilities around the USA as well as remote tuning for unique applications using Cobb AccessPORT ECU. If you don’t have an experienced tuner in your region, SurgeLine Tuning comes to you by collaborating with your local dyno shop to provide on-site tuning services

SurgeLine Tuning is proficient with nearly every form of engine management and boost control including:

Protuner for the popular COBB AccessECU

EcuTek reflash tools

Hydra Nemesis – Hydra certified Tuner

Exede

TurboXS Utec and Delta

Link

AEM

Greddy

Perfect Power

Open Ecu

Etc, etc.

We here at SurgeLine Tuning have a great deal of experience working with Subaru’s.There are very few configurations Tim or Jon has yet to work with. SurgeLine’s goal is to deliver the very best reliability and performance for any given budget. SurgeLine’s remarkable level of experience allows separation of fact from fiction to deliver advice that is both thoughtful and accurate.

We just wanted to introduce ourselves formally here on legacy GT.

If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to PM or email us and we will try to provide you with whatever services or answers you need

thank you

Surgeline Tuning

Archived