LegacyGT.com

weirdest thing happen today!

today i got into my car and pushed the rear defrost and the horn came on tell i turned it off. so i decided to do it again once i got out of traffic... ya i felt like a ass as the horn blared for like 15 sec at a stop light. this time it took about 5 times before it did it again ,but every time i push it i can hear a click inside the steering wheel. any thoughts?

Sounds like some short. Youre going to have to get a wiring diagram that shows the wiring for both those functions to determine where the wiring comes close to each other. It sounds like the problem could be in the steering wheel if you hear something there. Im assuming both functions have their own relay. Its possible wire energizing the defrost relay is somehow also energizing the horn relay. Tough to figure out without checking a schematic, or cable harness/ connector diagram.

How old is the car battery ?

These cars have been known to do strange things when the battery votlage gets low.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

this stuff gets me scared . cause my old 300zx burned to the ground cause of electical problems.also my buddys golf gti vr6 they think his had something to do with the hids that got installed. my z car was stock, only had it 6 months

Archived