LegacyGT.com

Headlight Settings

SCHM1AN

I've been searching, but I cannot find anything regarding my question...

On the headlight stalk of 05-09's, there are 3 headlight settings. One is for just the headlights without the amber signals, the second is for headlights and signals, and the third makes the headlights brighter. Does anybody know how the headlights get brighter? Do they apply more voltage to the lights, or do the lights simply aim higher making it appear that the lights are brighter? This is separate from my high beams. Excuse the n00b comment, but I've been on this board for a while now and haven't found anything about it.

Thanks in advance!

i think the first and second only shine the day time running lights.

the second setting turns on the light behind the reflectors.

The third setting turns on your night time headlights.

BUT, the HIGH BEAMS do turn on where the day time lights are..

so on that note there may be more voltage???? sorry not sure if this helps hhaha

Setting 1 - DRL only. When you pull up your parking brake, they shut off.

Setting 2 - DRL and parking (corner) lights. When you pull up your parking brake, headlights shut off, but parking lights remains on. I believe the switch on top of the steering column does the same function.

Setting 3 - Headlights and foglights on full, corner lights on too. Pulling up your parking brake does NOT affect anything.

DRL and headlights use the same bulb, except the voltage is reduced when it's just DRL. They ARE actually brighter when you use setting 3 to drive at night. I'm not sure how much the voltage actually is when it's at the reduced DRL setting.

Archived