LegacyGT.com

homelink auto dimming mirror for $65?

lilbrudder

I found a site selling the Auto-Dimming Mirror/Compass w/Homelink for $65 but it says for 3.0 models. does anyone know if it will fit an LGT 05? here is the part #H501SAG100-UP for the 3.0 and the part #H501SAG100 for other, what's the difference?

i don't think the mirror is any different from the 3.0 or the 2.5 motors.

don't see why there would be anything on either motor that even remotely connects to the mirror.

but $65 is a steal...

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partlistbymod.php?subcat=Auto+Dim+Mirror%2C+With+HomeLink

shows no -UP part number. the second number you show is listed on the site, shows all years 05-09 no restrictions.

i see the site you found the mirror for, searched for "H501SAG100-UP" on google... that site is the ONLY hit it returned.

beyond me why they separate them. maybe call a subaru dealers parts dept tomorrow and ask if they are the same, 3.0 and 2.5 mirrors with homelink.

• 2 weeks later...
I found a site selling the Auto-Dimming Mirror/Compass w/Homelink for $65 but it says for 3.0 models. does anyone know if it will fit an LGT 05? here is the part #H501SAG100-UP for the 3.0 and the part #H501SAG100 for other, what's the difference?

Link to the site?

Called them and they have no idea what the part number H501SAG100-UP is. I spoke to a few other places and they also had no idea.

H501SAG100-UP is not a valid Subaru part number.

If you want the Homelink at a really good price I suggest speaking with Jeremy aka KINGOFPARTS

Called them and they have no idea what the part number H501SAG100-UP is. I spoke to a few other places and they also had no idea.

H501SAG100-UP is not a valid Subaru part number.

:confused: So if you go on the website and pay for it, do they ship you anything? :lol:

:lol: Yea, that's a good question. Unfortunately they couldn't locate that part I spoke to two different people at the parts department.

So if you did buy it... you are donating money :)

I thought about doing it on my credit card and then disputing the charges if nothing arrives (pretty easy, as I can save the confirmation page, confirmation email, and a screenshot of the ordering page).

I might get lucky and get the mirror, based on them pulling the part off of the shelf using the number minus the "-UP" portion.

Dooo it. and let me know!!

Ohh yea and I got your PM, sorry I haven't replied yet. I'm trying to locate the RSB

Maybe I will order it as my birthday present...

I have been hovering my finger over the mouse for the last 3 days debating ordering the Prolumen 50W HID kit...my PayPal balance is burning a hole in my pocket.

• 4 weeks later...

I just don't see the difference between the 3.0 and the 2.5 models.

anyone reading this thread have a 3.0? maybe check the part number on the homelink mirror they already have...

I don't see how anything in the mirror has anything to do with the engine.

Compass... dimming mirror... homelink... nothing. other than the $140 price difference...

that trademotion site, and this thread, is the only reference to that part number when you google the part #.

After talking with the homelink people a while ago.. I can tell you that the newer 3.0 supports up to 433 mhz (i have to check but im sure thats the number). This is the newer frequency used in multi level car parks and buildings with rolling codes. I bought my mirror (2.5) used from someone and it of course does not work in my new place.

So if you end up getting a unit, make sure to check out what frequency your place works on, the older models went up to around 398 mhz (i need to check that, but im pretty sure) and thus do not work on newer setups.

GTkansan,

Did you install your mirror yet?

If it doesn't work for you and you need a newer one I might be able to buy yours off you.

The house I am at now works with our 2001 Chevy Tahoe so I got to imagine it is gonna work with just about anything made in the last several years.

Archived