LegacyGT.com

gas mileage is not that bad

I drove to NYC this weekend without using cruise (had under 1K miles at the start). I averaged 80 MPH on the trip. I filled up on the way home and the MPG was 24.45. Considering it's so new I think I did pretty damn good.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Every time I think my mileage is bad, I try to remind myself that it's 250hp and 250 tq (more with the AP Stage1) and that you can't expect it to get hybrid mileage AND a nice, low 0-60 time.

Every time I think my mileage is bad, I try to remind myself that it's 250hp and 250 tq (more with the AP Stage1) and that you can't expect it to get hybrid mileage AND a nice, low 0-60 time.

Your right foot doesn't help either. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

It's amazing what a little restraint will do, though. For my current tank of gas, I've made a conscious effort to shift to 5th for any cruising speed above 35, and have been short-shifting like a manual tranny novice. I've laid off WOT for the most part, even on hwy entrance ramps (do you know how hard THAT is?). I did make an exception when I was being tailed by a riced-out neon.

I've been averaging 23mpg in mixed driving so far, compared to 19.1 mpg on my last tank. Since going stage one, I've gone WOT so much, even when I'm alone on the road. It's nice to know that if I NEED to, I can get decent mileage.

D

I'm still trying to get mine above 17. I'm not driving it like I stole it either. I'm still breaking it in. 17 seems just really really really low considering how careful I am driving it. Its all city driving basically. I drive on the highway to get to work, but there are stop lights every few miles. When I get a chance to get on the freeway the MPG goes up quite a bit, but the city MPG blows hard.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'm still trying to get mine above 17. I'm not driving it like I stole it either. I'm still breaking it in. 17 seems just really really really low considering how careful I am driving it. Its all city driving basically. I drive on the highway to get to work, but there are stop lights every few miles. When I get a chance to get on the freeway the MPG goes up quite a bit, but the city MPG blows hard.

Personally, I think its the accelerator pedal. That thing is freakin' sensitive. I'm not even talking about WOT or anything like that...just breathe on it and watch your MPGs drop.

I guess I'm just getting used to coming from a 25 mpg average car and now seeing 17 mpg. I've never ended a tank on 18 yet. I need to practice keeping the RPMs down a bit. If COBB would create a map for better fuel economy then I'd put my order in for an Accessport right now.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

17 isn't so bad in the city. I get about 14.5 - 15 city

17 is bad, thats really bad I don't care. The engine does not make that much power. 14.5-15 is just pathetic, not at all acceptable to me.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- Babe Come on Home

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

My wife and I just set our own record of 436 miles on one tank!!! This ended up to be 27.6 MPG!!!!

How's that for a COBB Stage 2 LGT on 91 octane winter ass, uh , I mean gas.

Wow. I didn't think this was possible. What was your avg speed and on what kinds of roads? I'd be lucky to get 320 miles out of one tank of gas, and I'm at Cobb Stg. 1.

D

Wow. I didn't think this was possible. What was your avg speed and on what kinds of roads? I'd be lucky to get 320 miles out of one tank of gas, and I'm at Cobb Stg. 1.

D

A. Put car on Cruise control

B. Don't touch anything for 400 miles

I've gotten 29mpg and 450 mile range on a bmw 540 (280hp V8) at 75 mph on a 600 mile trip. The car can go longer then I can and not stop.

Yah well this is not a BMW 540, I have personally gotten over 500 on my 330 with a tank about the same size. Never seen over 400 on the Legacy.

Song of Post- Sublime- DJs

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Guest *Jedimaster*
My wife and I just set our own record of 436 miles on one tank!!! This ended up to be 27.6 MPG!!!!

How's that for a COBB Stage 2 LGT on 91 octane winter ass, uh , I mean gas.

Downhill? :lol:

guys, anything near 20mpg on this car is great. my 2.5litre SE-R got at BEST 21mpg driving like grandma shifting under 3k rpms. ive been getting 20mpg city driving lately with the lgt.

I averaged about 23-24mpg in my se-r driving in the city. I've been pleased with the fuel economy of the GT, i never was expecting much from it.

We were absolutely flabergasted - the most we ever average is 370Miles/tank.

This was on a road trip up some mountain passes, through some traffic, mostly highway. But yet we still were driving around town and sitting drive throughs etc.

I got on the throttle only maybe a handful of times that tank passing folks on the highway.

I can't explain it except maybe the fact that we're up here at 6,200+ft on 91 oct?

I've actually made the 400 mile club (next fillup was 15.5 gallons) driving from northern Virgina home to Atlanta. I actually would've done it twice in the same day, but got nervous with such an empty tank in an unfamiliar area. Felt very proud of myself after that day :)

Yeah, I think the milage is pretty pathetic too. I don't (usually) drive agressively, though I don't drive conservatively either -- somewhere in between. And I've been consistently getting about 21 MPG on mostly freeway driving. From an environmental/oil dependence point of view that's not too good. But I'm not going to complain, I knew before I bought the car that I'd be getting about that, and it was one of the many factors I took into account when I chose the Legacy (for it's very good handling, acceleration, and apparent overall quality). Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the price of gas doesn't go up much higher than it is!

-Matt

I've actually made the 400 mile club (next fillup was 15.5 gallons) driving from northern Virgina home to Atlanta. I actually would've done it twice in the same day, but got nervous with such an empty tank in an unfamiliar area. Felt very proud of myself after that day :)

Have you tried going below the E ?

See how far you can go without filling up, like Kramer did.

I keed I keeed

Guest *Jedimaster*
Have you tried going below the E ?

See how far you can go without filling up, like Kramer did.

Hehehe- "I don't want to be saddled with the purchase of costly gasoline" :lol:

Howdy:

Newby here; have a black 05 Legacy GT Wagon with about 4k miles on it. So far I've gotten around 23-24 mpg on it for last 3k+ miles, mostly highway miles, some city miles. I did notice the best mileage I had was in Taos, NM at 9000' elevation, going UP the mountain....:confused:

I couldn't schred on the way up, spousal unit and baby was in back seat...:(....didn't want baby puke on the leather seats.

My guess is elevation helps gas mileage.

Thanks, Rick

"Doesn't matter if it's good, only if it rocks" - Tenacious D

Archived