LegacyGT.com

2011 STi catback onto LGT

FatalTheory

I saw that thread - sounded like he just put muffler on there, and sound clips seemed rather different. The clip I posted either had a much better camera, or changed more than just mufflers. Unless I'm doin it wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Evil - well played. You have proven I don't have eyes, apparently. I blame the mobile browser... couldn't see the damn "next page" indicator. That does seem to be him though.

Grovlet - I agree, not sure I like the mufflers that low either. I'd rather them be all up in there like they should. However, I can find a wrx takeoff system for ~100... if you wanna donate the additional 500-900 ill need for a "proper" LGT catback, go ahead.

Ill have to look into why the wrx piping sounds different than the lgt piping w/ wrx muffs... or, if there is a way to blend the two systems together to tuck the tips better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

if i had to guess why the two sound so different, it's because the OP is running an aftermarket DP (probably catless) with a perrin mid/y-pipe. the lack of cats/resonators and 3" piping all the way to the mufflers results in a louder/raspier sound. stick with stock (either LGT or STi) piping from the DP back to the mufflers and you'll probably get the result you're looking for.

Archived