LegacyGT.com

Stromung quad tip CBE vs Invidia Q300 quad tip vs Magnaflow CBE

Luis_arg

Hello everybody from legacygt.com. My name is Luis and I am a new member of the forum. I want to say that I feel proud of becoming part of this forum and I hope to make a lot of friends here.

So lets just dive into it and get this one out of the way. First off, I just picked up a used 2005 LGT Limited and I am looking forward to modifying it.

I've already done a Cobb Dp installation, Access Port & Air Intake. Now I am looking forward to installing a new CBE system because I want a meaner sound. I will be going to see a tuner maybe later after I do some additional modifications. Anyhow, I am stuck with 3 choices of CBE systems; Stromung qd tip, Invidia Q300 qd tip, and Mangnaflow single tip. I've heard many good things about each one of them but i want to know which one you guys think has the upper hand.

I want to know what are the Pros and Cons of each CBE system in terms of sound, quality, fitment, wether they melt bumpers or not, and most importantly, I want to know your valuable personal opinions of each one of them.

Thank you for your time in reading this ;)

Welcome aboard... I cannot help you out on your querries because I am unmod. You can search those topics on the forums and reviews threads. You will find it very interesting and fun once you get started. Good luck modifying.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a V2 Stromung exhaust.

Pros:

- Excellent build quality/finish

- 3" from Mid-pipe >> Y-pipe, though some have the tapered 2.5" mid-pipe to mate to a stock/Cobb down-pipe

- Excellent sounding exhaust, very distinctive/unique IMO

- Quad-tipped, giving it a more "sporty" appearance

- Double walled tips

- Unicorn-ish status

Cons:

- $$$$ (Note that, while expensive, you're paying for a very well made piece)

- While the sound outside is beautiful, it does drone quite a bit. More so if you have a wagon. I am contemplating having a resonator added to a new mid-pipe, as I don't want to hack up the Stromung made one, to cut down on this.

- Some exhausts that came out of the group buy had fitment/finish issues...some were never finished...some were damaged in shipping, etc.

- If you're a sedan, you might possibly have the tips contact the skin of the bumper. This will melt part of the bumper, but can be remedied with longer exhaust hangers.

I might be missing something, but that's the jist of it. Would I buy it again? Hell yes.

Honestly, there are tons of threads on both the Q300 and Stromung. I didn't know Magnaflow made a single-tip, but why would you want that? You'd have an open cutout. To each their own I suppose. Good luck!

:yeahthat:

Archived